My Story - Part 2

by Jeremy C 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

LOL - good stuff

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

You bring out some points that i haven't thought about... the organizational indoctrination in the books for young people. Even though you might doubt some things, you have these defense mechanisms ingrained so that everything seems to prove that it is the truth.

Well expressed.

A@G

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

Fascinating read and very well-written. Thanks for sharing this.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Awesome story!

I read part one, and had to come here to read part two before commenting.

I am impressed by your literary style, the excellent flow of ideas, turns of phrase, and of course; the spectacular content.

Thank you.

Looking forward to future installments,

RD

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Thanks, great read.

After reflecting long and hard over my JW life with it’s accompanying mindset, I have come to believe that this one area of teaching explains how Jehovah’s Witnesses can very easily develop a superiority complex over the rest of society. I certainly did. According to the Watchtower’s parallel with Noah, individual Jehovah’s Witnesses are members of a tiny minority which have been enlightened with knowledge that even the most educated and intelligent minds are not privy to. They are part of a chosen group that has been entrusted with an elite assignment that no one else has been given. Any and all evidence that might discredit the Watchtower organization can be conveniently dismissed. How so? The JW is taught to reason that just as people try to discredit Jehovah’s people today; the ancient wrong-doers tried to discredit Noah and his message as well. Just this one simple defense mechanism is enough to shut the mind of any JW to any disconfirming information.

This paragraph is awesome, its key in my mind to understanding their whole system.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Thanks again for putting things so eloquently!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    direct parallels between mostly Old Testament Biblical accounts and the modern day Watchtower organization.
    "manna-like provisions" from Jehovah - via the organization
    Jehovah’s Witnesses can very easily develop a superiority complex over the rest of society

Great insights, great way to phrase them.

I sure hope it has a good ending.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

AWESOME -THANKS

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Thank you Jeremy - look forward to the next part.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Very well written. Excellent review of the indoctrination of the youth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit