My Story - Part 2

by Jeremy C 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• odie67
    odie67

wow!

i also studied the bible story book, great teacher book, the red book, and the blue book (the worship book).

even though the GT book was much older than the BS book, the FDS recommended that parents study with their children: BS first.. GT second.

i can't wait to read your next post.

• JWfam_but_Christian
    JWfam_but_Christian

I have always loved reading. This was a favorite among my many books. I actually recorded my voice and cassette reading these stories for my daughter to follow along as she'd turn the pages. Many of my family members were JW though my mom was not. We did however have weekly studies from this publication and the pink Listening to the Great Teacher. The questions helped me to develop thoughtful answers I could expand upon rather than giving a cut and paste answer. It created a thirst for knowledge such that I began to find the missing scriptures in Translations bible. I also researched various religions and Bibles to learn that many teachings of JW are biblically correct though as a whole there many practices fallacies within the organization. Their views on holidays being pagan are accurate though Christians have put a spin on them to justify the participation in idolatry. Disfellowshipping is also correct as scripture teaches us to live holy. If one is indulging in ungodly practices, then we should steer clear of that temptation lest we too should fall. A little leaven spoils the loaf. I'm really sorry that you were so tragically inundated. However, don't toss out the baby with the bath water. Rightly divide the Word ofI have always loved reading. This was a favorite among my many books. I actually recorded my voice and cassette reading these stories for my daughter to follow along as she'd turn the pages. Many of my family members were JW though my mom was not. We did however have weekly studies from this publication and the pink Listening to the Great Teacher. The questions helped me to develop thoughtful answers I could expand upon rather than giving a cut and paste answer. It created a thirst for knowledge such that I began to find the missing scriptures in Translations bible. I also researched various religions and Bibles to learn that many teachings of JW are biblically correct though as a whole there many practices fallacies within the organization. Their views on holidays being pagan are accurate though Christians have put a spin on them to justify the participation in idolatry. Disfellowshipping is also correct as scripture teaches us to live holy. If one is indulging in ungodly practices, then we should steer clear of that temptation lest we too should fall. A little leaven spoils the loaf. I'm really sorry that you were so tragically inundated. However, don't toss out the baby with the bath water. Rightly divide the Word of truth and properly discard the doctrines of man. God bless you. truth and properly discard the doctrines of man. God bless you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit