Relief for nighttime leg cramps

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 45 Replies latest social physical

• Donnalilly
    Donnalilly

I was told about the soap thing over a yr ago and it works. when I fall asleep on the couch watching tv (with n o soap under the cushion) I still get them , bad. when I go to bed and sleep , where the soap is I dont. Im going to put one under the couch cushion as well. but it works for me , bananas didnt.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I think there's been a misunderstanding. You are supposed to put a banana in your bed and eat a bar of soap. Actually, I believe it is caused by being dehydrated. Potassium supplements are easier than eating a bunch of bananas evryday.

The last time I got a cramp in my calf in the middle of the night I was yelling and whimpering like a baby as I tried to stretch my foot up, etc. I actually broke out in a sweat it hurt so bad! For several days my leg was sore like a giant bruise. I now keep a loaded pistol next to the bed so I can stop the suffering if it gets unbearable.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I know that eating a banana certainly does help get rid of the leg cramps.

In fact the longer the distance from the bedroom to the kitchen to go and get the banana, the greater the relief.

Rub a Dub

• mouthy
    mouthy

Forget it !!!! I "aint" putting no Banana in my bed with the soap

Can you imagine being found dead in bed with those two items..... Your all trying to get me a bad name
    "Here lie's the face
    She was a case
    Evil intent!!!

Must have been bent.
    When to bed she went
    The tools she would take
    Would make a JW shake.
    No wonder she's out
    A proper lout ''

• wednesday
    wednesday

Perhaps it has to do with the odor of the soap- some ingredient basic to all soap. Maybe it is a form of aromatherapy. I do think that can work. Years ago I was plagued with migraines. I was getting ready to see the doc and sprayed on some green apple body spray. Amazingly my headache lessened. I arrived at my docs and told him .He agreed some smells can cause changes in the brain like the green apple did for me.

True story.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Are you still plagued by your grannys?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit