Relief for nighttime leg cramps

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 45 Replies latest social physical

• dinah
    dinah

No I visulized the Jehovahs Witnesses saying. "Well You know Grace was d/f for sexual doings & what do you think they found in her bed when she died"" gossip !gossip !gossip....!

Aww Granny, half the fun would be puzzled looks on their faces. I can just imagine the stories!! You'd be an apostate urban legend!!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"So, I heard Granny was doing something dirty... ...with a bar of soap ! ?

• mouthy
    mouthy

"So, I heard Granny was doing something dirty... ...with a bar of soap ! ?

Go to your room Billy

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Have you tried Pilates?

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Could you have a version of Restless Leg Syndrome? That's a treatable condition.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

[typing from my room]

I have had Restless Leg Syndrome. It comes and goes. I never saw a trend for cause/treatment. The medication I checked out comes with a boatload of 'side effect warnings' like most other meds... 'may cause blindness, projectile vomiting, etc. Call your doctor if you have an erection for more than 36 hours."...wait, no, the last one is from a different pill. Anyway, I never had RLS bad enough to look specifically at treatment.

This makes post #500. Congrats to me. I got to use "syndrome", "vomiting", and "erection" in the same post.

B the X

• dinah
    dinah

Billy, you have my utmost respect.

Might I add, thanks for the laughs. You are funny!!

• ramtrucker
    ramtrucker

My wife will wake with cramps/muscle spasms in her legs. When that happens she asks for a small glass of apple cider vinegar, and drinks it.

Sounds crazy, but in just seconds the spasms start easing up. In a pinch any vinegar will do, but the apple cider tastes a bit better than others.

Being a bit of a skeptic I tried it when I had a spasm recently, and found that it works for me too.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I've heard of the bar of soap thing, too. My doctor says it works because you keep moving your legs, moving the bar of soap around. It didn't work for me, but what works for me is to get an ice pack and rub the cramp for a bit, then wrap it around the leg and go back to sleep.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

also lay off any carbonated drinks. When I was a gym rat I never drank carbonated drinks. If I did, cramps galore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit