Relief for nighttime leg cramps

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 45 Replies latest social physical

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Sweets: How big does the bar of soap need to be? I think I have a hotel sized bar in my makeup bag from my trip to the ocean in March.

We use full sized bath bars. They're easier to find when they try to slip away. You can try the little one you have, first wrapped, then unwrapped if needed.

Does the same effect work if I throw a bottle of body wash between the sheets?

I doubt it, unless maybe you take the lid off {glub, glub, glub}. But I doubted that the bar of soap would ever work.

This is the cheapest remedy we ever tried, lasts for ages, and smells nice, too. If your skin is sensitive, you might try an Ivory soap bar.

Dr. Billy is off to bed now. Yep, sleepin' with soap again tonight .

• yesidid
    yesidid

Try magnesium, a magnesium deficiency will cause cramps.

• Mary
    Mary

I suffer sometimes from leg cramps at night----usually if I've been on my feet all day. I found a wonderful solution that helps alot: take two 650mg of Calcium Magnesium about an hour before you go to bed. It's a natural muscle relaxant and will also help you sleep. As well, I do leg stretches before getting into bed.......just bend over and touch your toes and hold it for about 30 seconds.

The difference is like night and day.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Make sure you drink lots of water.

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

curezone.com listed taking a spoonful of mustard as a treatment

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

the soap seems to work... Dont know why either, maybe a placebo effect of some sort.

Hill

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I used to get those cramps frequently. My way of dealing with them was massage but that didn't stop the after pain the next day.

I also had the cramping in my foot. I found that bending the toes upward stretched the muscle out and stopped the cramp

My cure came by accident

I was diagnosed with a Vitamin B12 deficiency for another issue and took monthly injections for a couple of years. During that time the cramps went away. I've been off the injections for about a year now and they haven't come back yet. But then my B12 levels have remained normal

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I was typing the above and decided to check something. I Googled "stress and vitamin B12" and came up with

Results 1 - 10 of about 356,000 for stress and Vitamin B12.

hmmmmm Yes I was stressed when the cramping got worse. Now that I am out of that situation the stress has disappeared hence my B12 levels have gone back to normal

I have to wonder how many other people have this kind of stress related deficiency

• of living the JW lifestyle?
    • trying the slow fade?
    • trying not to get caught leading a double life?
    • living in a relationship that no longer works
    • a job that is way too stressful

very interesting

• Gopher
    Gopher
    take two 650mg of Calcium Magnesium about an hour before you go to bed. It's a natural muscle relaxant and will also help you sleep.

Thanks, Mary. I'd been looking for something like that.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

At a time when I was getting leg cramps practically every night, I was taking large doses of the B vitamins every day. My doctor told me large doses of Vitamin B-12 are unnecessary unless a person is also experiencing restless legs syndrome. He said there are 3 basic causes of leg cramps: (1) too much caffeine, (2) lack of the calcium-magnesium combination, and (3) lack of potassium, which is drained from the body by caffeine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit