My Story - Part 1

by Jeremy C 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Farkel
    Farkel

hortensia,

:hmm, we were in the same places in the same years - Dodger Stadium, Norco assembly hall. I grew up in the org. in San Diego.

I spent most of my life in San Diego. When I moved from the LA area to San Deigo, I had my Publisher's Record Card in hand. It was given to me by an elder before I left. I hadn't published for 3 months before I left and lost my MS status as a result. At about the time I hit Del Mar, I shredded it up and tossed it out the window on I5. I did go to ONE meeting in Clairmont, though. No one said "hi" or anything else to me or my wife. That was my last meeting. That was in late 1974. They were wrong and evil then and they are wrong and evil now.

Farkel

• Dagney
    Dagney
    The most idiotic (well, it was ALL idiotic) thing I saw was around 1973 when they had this huge beating heart. They were trying to say that the heart was an organ that was the seat of all our emotions.

Ah yes...I remember that. Brilliant scientists are they.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Great post, welcome. Can't wait to hear more.

Sam in LA

• BFD
    BFD
    The most idiotic (well, it was ALL idiotic) thing I saw was around 1973 when they had this huge beating heart. They were trying to say that the heart was an organ that was the seat of all our emotions.

I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

Good lord, the memories this board dregs up sometimes. I remember that well, now.

Fucking cult.

BFD

• BFD
    BFD

Where are my manners?

Welcome to the board.

BFD

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Hi there Jeremy C - welcome to the forum. Enjoyed part 1 - I too felt the baptism pool was strangely special when I was a kid and sometimes used to look at the water in it at our circuit assemblies.

May I suggest you insert a link to the other parts once they are done to your original post? This will make it easier to read your entire story once it is complete.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Great style of writing it. I like taking the ridiculous and describing it as "ridiculous"
    instead of trying to normalize it.

Welcome to the threads. I look forward to all your stories.

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

Welcome Jeremy,

Your post brought back alot of memories.

I was born in Canoga Park, and had attended Conventions at Dodgers stadiums until we moved when I was a child to KS. (guess what year? yep...1975).

Honestly my only real memories of the Conventions at Dodgers was how huge it was, the seats, and the great snow cones I got to have after the convention.

Look forward to the rest of your story.

CL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit