My Story - Part 1

by Jeremy C 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

hmm, we were in the same places in the same years - Dodger Stadium, Norco assembly hall. I grew up in the org. in San Diego.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Thanks for posting your story, Jeremy. I really enjoyed the cultural references (like Max Headroom) that you used in the account.

And I can really relate to the fear of demons and the fear of leaving that you spoke about. Freedom is so precious.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Great read! Very well written.

I actually laughed out loud at the concept of a baptismal pool filling with water being so fascinating (it is so true!) and the backmasking from Kenny Rogers confessing that he ate too much ham.

I'm loving it, thanks for this.

Cheers and welcome!
    Baba

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome Jeremy !! Great story, part 1.

I'm a little older than you and remember all the "Saturday Night Fever Fever" that caused discophobia before you came along.

Looking forward to part 2.

B the X

• yknot
    yknot

I hadn't thought about the protesters in years, but I was given the same explanation of demon possession.

Can't wait for the next installment.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Thanks, and welcome!

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Thanks for the post. Looking forward to part 2!

• song19
    song19

FANTASTIC post! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it! Can't wait for the next part... but please, send the ‘light’ sooner than later.

Welcome!!!

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Welcome Jeremy!!!

Look forward to reading Part 2!

babygirl...

• Farkel
    Farkel

Jeremy C.

You mentioned the Dodger Stadium conventions in the 1970s. I was there, at least until 1974 that is. Unlike you, I was an adult then. The most idiotic (well, it was ALL idiotic) thing I saw was around 1973 when they had this huge beating heart. They were trying to say that the heart was an organ that was the seat of all our emotions. That's like trying to say a tire pump is the heart and seat of emotions of a bicycle!

:In my referencing Steven Hassan’s book, I am not saying that I believe Jehovah’s Witnesses are a destructive cult.

Then you should. They are. And I can prove it. And I am not alone.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit