Graduation and elders meeting!

by why??? 60 Replies latest social relationships

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Congrats on school that is a great accomplishment!

I am still with my non-Jw boyfriend of almost three years and I've let my parents know that we want to get married (next month)

I'm surprised they have waited this long, why the change all of a sudden, you've been with him 3 yrs?

cheers

hope4others

• why???
    why???

I should clear up the fact that I am NOT living with him never was. I live with my parents still. They have held off reporting me for a year now because I told them I'd do what they wanted.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Don't meet with them.

Move on.

Quickly!

• sparrow
    sparrow

If you want to keep the peace while you are living at home at get stuck meeting with them - just LIE, LIE, LIE (where required). Not like any of us are getting destroyed at Armaggeddon because we've been judged by some nosey dumb ass elders. Oh - and congrats, well done by the way

• Lex Talionis
    Lex Talionis

I tend to agree with 'choosing life'.

I have been hesitant to comment of what I see as a personal post but this one has struck a chord so I will break my rule.

As you probably know, chess is a game where you consider many moves ahead and at the moment you have to make a decision that will benefit you in the long term and short.

Your parents have gone behind your back as you say so either your father is reaching out or he is deluded into thinking that the elders might change your mind.

If you dont go, there will be repercussions...sad but true, if you do go and rightfully stick up for your civil and basic human rights there will be repercussions.

If you dont care about that, then do what you will however if you want to 'manage" the situation, play the game, go to the meeting, be friendly, humble and polite, ask for more WT references and tell them you appreciate the visit and that you will go away and pray about it.

They will report good things back to the elder body, your parents save face and all is good.

It will either die down or you simply say you love him and you caont help but follow it through, the response will be pity rather than attack.

Thats my legal opinion.

• dawg
    dawg

Do not lie, do not meet. Why are you allowing anyone, parents or not, to tell you how you must think to be accepted? Stand up for the truth, it's an act of cowardice not to speak out, and if more did, I think we may have a chance to end this religion once and for all.

Your silence, and anyone else's, only lets those idiots continue to destroy more and more families. After I post you'll see many people attacking what I say... they'll say that they can't lose their famlies and the like, but there are many on this site that told the truth, and some of us gained and lost family members in the process. But sometimes you make a stand for future generations.

Do you really want on your conscience more and more generations of people losing their families because you didn't speak out? Allowing fools to tell someone that going to college is wrong, that licking your partners privates is a disfellowshipping offense and so many more things that keeps people from obtaining happiness that it'd take a book to post it all?

This is a war, and we are losing because we have too many weak minded sheep in our trenches. Don't be one, your opposition may save someone else... those still in that know it's all crap may find courage to take a stand because you showed courage.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The fade has worked for my family. Then moving away from the headquarters. We refused to answer to anyone connected with the society.

Congratulations on your graduationEnjoy the rest of your life without interference from the society. As you can see there many opinions on what you can do. Do what's good for you.

Blueblades

• justhuman
    justhuman

Congratulations for your graduation...YOU DON'T HAVE TO MEET ANY WT ELDER, AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO TALKED TO ANYONE

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If you don't listen to the advice here to not meet with the elders, or you feel
    cornered by them because of living in your parents' home, then the best alternative
    is to say virtually nothing.

"I agreed to meet with you at my parents request. I am here to listen."

Well, we wanted to ask you ..... and ....."

"Okay, I said I was here to listen, not to provide any information to you about my life."

"Well there are accusations of ...."

"That's all they are is accusations."

"So are you denying them?"

"I am not here to confirm or deny anything. I am here to listen to your counsel."

"We can't really help you if you don't tell us anything."

"Then this will probably be a short meeting."

• asilentone
    asilentone

I like OTWO's suggestion on what to say!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit