Did you have the bookstudy at your house?

by karter 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• karter
    karter

We did for many years it was great becouse we had small children. However you are expected to have a supper now and then after having food droped then ground into the carpet a few times i called it quites on the suppers although i'd invite some for beers after. One bookstdy conducter announced there was going to be a supper next bookstudy so i announced no there wasen't he spoke to me after something about unwritten rules i said '' the phraseas call it oral trditions"

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

For most of my childhood we did. The good parts were not going anywhere, so I could go to my room right after. And the house was clean at least once a week.

I actually have good memories of bookstudy in our home.

We never did once I got married though, we were never "strong"enough.

momz

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Supper at bookstudy?? I never heard of that. When I was a kid we had it at our house for a short time hated it, couldn't do my homework for school having to set out the chairs for everyone, and clean make sure the bathroom was clean etc. I use to fall asleep and my mom would pinch me in my arm. I remember a few times my mom making cakes for them after it was over but god what a hassle on a weeknight, people don't leave till well past 10:30 then all my shows were over it was time for bed, homework still not done.

• llbh
    llbh

We did for many years, it was easy when the children were young, It was alot for my wife as she had felt she to make the house look iits best

Regards

david

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I had a BS in my house. They lasted one year before I kicked their worthless asses out.

W

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

My parents had book study at thier house when I was a teenager. After a couple of years, the hardwood floors, sofas & chairs were trashed. Some of the people had no respect for our house. The women would wear high heals with metal tips and poke holes in the wood floors. One overweight person didn't want to sit in the folding chairs, so he sat in my moms rocker chair and broke it....

• Robert7
    Robert7

I did for about 2 years. We had a really fun group, with many our age with kids similar ages. Many friends stayed for an hour or more afterwards having a beer and snacks and just hanging out. It was a total social gathering.

Then one day at the meeting they announced the new reshuffling of the groups, and our house wasn't mentioned! The assholes canceled our house and didn't tell us! We found out at the hall! How loving.

Seriously, this canceling without notifying us was the end of me being regular at book study. I very quickly stopped going, and led to the start of my fade.

• restrangled
    restrangled

As long as I can remember a bookstudy was held in our house.....this is going back to about 1960. Our family was photographed for the local news paper, .....my legs didn't hit the end of the couch.

The highlights were as follows:

my mother was pissed all day long and in curlers, cleaning like there was no tomorrow. My dad would get home from work pissed as all get out because he had to conduct the study. Tuesdays were so stressfull, I still remember the swear words being uttered all day long. Usually it was "Shxt" by my die hard JW mother.

She was mean and ill tempered on any meeting night, wearing curlers all day......too much to deal with. We also had to personally study and make some stupid ass comment at 5 years old. My 2 year old brother was off the hook. Once my youngest brother was old enough to answer he delevoped a severe case of hives during a book study. He received a spanking for something or another and then developed welts all over his body. The stress as kids in the JW religion was mind boggling. I can still picture his back as he lay in his bed covered with huge red and white welts as if he was stung by bees or wasps.....as a book study went on.

........Now he is a tatooed, Harley riding, scarey looking dude. I loved him so much as his older sister.......the watchtower society destroyed every relationship between himself and his family. Things are strained. I'm out and he knows it but things never go well between us.

Thank you .........You Satan inspired dirty slave and your bull shixt.

r.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

They tried to get me to but I found out all sorts of excuses not to have it. Lack of parking, stairs hard to climb for the elderly, winter conditions, etc..

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

They tried to get me to but I found out all sorts of excuses not to have it. Lack of parking, stairs hard to climb for the elderly, winter conditions, etc..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit