Did you have the bookstudy at your house?

by karter 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

We had the whole lot for quite a while.

We were serving where the need was great. So great, that we were the only JWs there for some time.

Eventually, we managed to make enough converts in another village to have some of the meetings there.

My only fond memories are of the social times spent after those meetings.

Unfortunately, many of those converts are still victims, even though the message, and the reasons why we went there, are well past their 'use by' dates.

Om the positive side, they have had zero growth for some time.

Cheers
    Chris

• RR
    RR

We lived with my mother-in-law, who served with the French Congregation, so we had two boostudies in our home, English and French!

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

We had it our house...as a newly married couple.
    We had offered to have it in our home. Hubby grew up with it in his parents house and his grandparents house. He was striving to become a m.s. and I was there for him. Here's the corker. They decided to have it at our house, but failed to tell us!!!!
    Here I was a new bride, out shopping, and I get a call from my mother-in-law asking if my hubby's uncle the P.O. had called to tell us. Um.NO!!!! I guess they just took us for granted seeing his dad and all of his uncles made up the majority of the elder body. Well....I had to run home and work my head off to get it "clean enough" in my unrealistic mind.for study. Something I have never understood to this day is how in the world everyone assigned to us got notice to come and yet we had no clue! We totally hated having to be sure the house was ready for service on Saturday morning and couldn't just relax and enjoy those sweet honeymoon Saturdays of newlyweds. That sucked.
    We also had a sue happy sister in our group, so I diligently tried to make sure the ice was melted and shoveled, etc. I was sure she would sue us if she slipped. And she would complain about her shoes getting cold from being taken off in the entryway/enclosed porch. It was unheated, but I'll be damned if all that slush and snow is coming in my new house after I busted my butt getting it clean for a bunch of judgemental people who didn't help! If it was that bad, buy a portable electric heater and offer it to the host as a gift. There was so much work involved. And I hated that I always felt like I had to be so selfless, that I hardly got to sit on my own funriture after the grueling cleaning session. I enjoyed it especially on cold winter nights or rainy nights! That was the best. And when my hubby was feeling funny and would raise his hand to comment and just say "Jehovah" like a child to get everyone laughing! That was fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit