Has anyone noticed the "Message of Doom" in the 7/15/08 WT?

by logic&reason 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

Can anybody see this one?

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Good point mary.

who are we to judge someone whom Jehovah is using in an appointed position or to say that he should not be part of the congregation?

I like this on 2 parts. One they try to justify their authority and link that fragile authority to questioning God.

• M.J.
    M.J.

L&R:
    1. upload your scan to an image hosting site like imageshack.us or photobucket.com or something similar.
    2. copy the link provided
    3. post the link here as an image.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You have a PM.

• FreeFromWTBS
    FreeFromWTBS

Actually, if you look up the Greek

Stop Judging is not an accurate translation.

They really need to do some research. This used to drive me nuts. I would point this out to my husband and he would say its their point that matter. I say a lie is a lie is a lie. Lie to me once shame on you, Lie to me twice shame on me

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

When I copy Logic&Reason's scan, I can expand it enough to read it easily.

Para. 16:
    The time may well come when the message we declare is like "a great war cry."
    In the book of Revelation, powerful judgment messages are pictured as "a great
    hail with every stone about the weight of a talent.*" And Revelation 16:21 states:
    "The plague of it was unusually great." Just what role the house-to-house ministry
    will play in the proclaiming of those climactic judgment messages remains to be
    seen. But we can be sure that before "the great tribulation" is finished, Jehovah's
    name will have been made known as never before in human history. -Rev. 7:14;
    Ezek. 38:23

*If reference is being made to the Greek talent, each hailstone would weigh about
    45 pounds.

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

I think it worked this time. Thanks for the Help Nathan!

alt

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The cult message is that the preaching work is just as important now as ever,
    regardless of what changes that Mother does. If they have you distribute less
    literature and just carry flyers, it is still extremely important.

A Great war cry is short and to the point.

Also, the para. says that the house-to-house work will continue until the
    great tribulation is finished, so that Jehovah's name will be extremely made
    known. This is cultspeak for "Prepare for us to say the great tribulation has
    started. Keep busy while we totally rob the legal corporation of all of it's funds
    but insist that everything will work out in the end for those that stay faithful
    in this tribulation."

• M.J.
    M.J.

L&R I was able to read the scan.
    It really seems like it harks back to Rutherford's idea that the preaching work was not primarily to gain converts but to fulfill the vindication of Jehovah's name. The idea was that JWs, as they were going door to door, were fulfilling God's proof that his word was true, in response to Satan's challenge.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Does this look like a "great war cry" to you?

http://www.jupiterimages.com/popup2.aspx?navigationSubType=itemdetails&itemID=22618564

Or are you rather reminded of this?

Mel Gibson in Braveheart

For some reason, Jehovah's Witness field service does not bring Mel Gibson to mind.

16 The time

may well come when the message we declare is like "a great war cry." In the book of Revelation, powerful judgement messages are pictured as "a great hail with every stone about the weight of a talent."....Just what role the house-to-house ministry will play in the proclaiming of those climactic judgement messages remains to be seen. But we can be sure that before the "great tribulation" is finished, Jehovah's name will have been made known as never before in human history. - Rev. 7:14;Ezek 38:23.

Note the use of adjectives in this paragraph. In

navy are what I call lawyer adjectives. These words hedge their bets so that later if their predictions fail, they can accuse the disappointed of "running ahead." The words in pink are intended to excite and inspire. Note though, that they are not sure of anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit