Has anyone noticed the "Message of Doom" in the 7/15/08 WT?

by logic&reason 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

Do you have any ideas as to why I cannot just paste it into the post as an image?

• asilentone
    asilentone

I do not know how to paste it, it seems like the internet traffic here at JWD is very low right now, you might get some answers later. I am going to bed.

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

have a good one...

• VM44
    VM44

Thulsa Doom? When did he start writing for the Watchtower?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is exactly the same message that was in the Revelation--Its Grand Anticlimax is At Hand book from 1988. It is graphically describing Armageddon in the same way they have been doing for quite some time, and it will bust again this time.

• Gill
    Gill

Fear mongering bull sh%$t*rs!

No wonder my mum and dad are clinging onto their Wacktowers for all they are worth!

I don't for one minute doubt the world is in a mess, but to be honest......when hasn't it been?!

Really 'It is the best of times, and it is the worst of times!'

• Mary
    Mary

I glanced over it......what a load of crap.

Wait till you see paragraph 5 on this coming Sunday's Craptower article entitled: Do You View Others as Jehovah Does?

Apparently, there's trouble in the congregations with various things, but I just about died when I read:

5. Jesus was keenly aware that imperfect humans often have a tendency to be judgmental. He counseled: "Stop judging that you may not be judged." (Matt. 7: 1) Notice that Jesus did not say: "Do not judge"; he said: "Stop judging." He knew that many of his listeners were already in the habit of being critical of others. Could it be that we have developed such a habit? If we have that tendency, we ought to work hard to change, so that we are not adversely judged. Really, who are we to judge someone whom Jehovah is using in an appointed position or to say that he should not be part of the congregation? A brother may have some shortcomings, but if Jehovah continues to accept him, would it be proper for us to reject him? (John 6:44) Do we really believe that Jehovah is leading his congregated people and that if adjustments need to be made, he will take action in his due time?-Read Romans 14:1-4.

Soooooo, how exactly does that one work? What the hell is the difference between "do not judge" and "stop judging"????

• sir82
    sir82
    Really, who are we to judge someone whom Jehovah is using in an appointed position or to say that he should not be part of the congregation?

Excellent question!

Now here's a follow-up:

Really, who are elders to judge someone's "degree of repentence" in a judicial committee hearing when Jehovah is the only one capable of reading hearts?

Now why didn't they include that question in the article?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

I agree. A complete load of crap. That's nothing new.

But since they started with the "Private" WT, there has definitely been an increase in shameless propaganda.

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

It's more of their not-so-subtle inference that the Elders/FDS = Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit