Has anyone noticed the "Message of Doom" in the 7/15/08 WT?

by logic&reason 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• james_woods
    james_woods

I believe that Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass have already belted out the "Seven Great Trumpet Blasts".

There is nothing more for us to do, but slink back to our tacky motel rooms and read Gideon's Bible.

• journey-on
    journey-on

This jumped out at me from Mary's post:

Do we really believe that Jehovah is leading his congregated people and that if adjustments need to be made, he will take action in his due time?-Read Romans 14:1-4.

Sounds to me like "adjustments"......new light?.....changes.....arranging and re-arranging to stop up the leak!

• Mary
    Mary

Hey jgnat......I think this is how they'd actually view that picture:

braveheart.gif picture by sam3217

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

James Woods: Too funny! I'll have to remember that one next time Revelation is being discussed...LMAO

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67
    "But we can be sure that, before the "great tribuliation" is finished.."

So, are we to understand by this statement that they believe that the great tribulation has already started?

• JCanon
    JCanon

The WTS is dreaming! They have been kicked out of Jehovah's favor as of November 10, 1992 and are slated to be destroyed in the lake of fire. If this occurs around the time the "Illuminati" Babylon the Great is destroyed, then it is not likely any of their preaching will be of significance.

But this sounds like they KNOW they are kicked out and are just trying to see if they will be of token use at the last minute. The "message" that will be their last is that they were unfaithful and Jehovah doesn't like false prophets!

Lars

• M.J.
    M.J.

James,

I guess then your car group should be as happifying as a "Tijuana Taxi"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WITQHsLqSAw

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The writing style isn't as impressive as it used to be in the 80s:

w843/15p.19par.17 God’s United "Mighty Nation" to Fill the Earth***

Today the "soft" waters of truth are being taken to the people to encourage them to turn to Jehovah. But the day soon will come when the message will turn "hard." It will announce the imminent end of this entire satanic system. The soft waters of truth will congeal to become the hard hailstones of truth. So powerful will these final judgment messages be that they are likened to "a great hail with every stone about the weight of a talent," that is, of gigantic size. That is why Revelation 16:21 states: "The plague of it was unusually great."

"The soft waters of truth will congeal to become the hard hailstones of truth." So powerful, yet so meaningless.

B the X

• minimus
    minimus

They're trying to scare people. That's all. It's the only thing that works for them. Make everything sound terribly gloomy and make people believe the end is now upon us.

If people can't see that JWs are a CULT, then they are truly stupid!

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

Same Shit, Different Day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit