Nice meet-up with some former Jw's - then a visit to my Jw brother today!

by AK - Jeff 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

You wrote that both touchingly and beautifully. "Thorny and sweet" indeed.

Am so glad you took time to embrace the memories, stop and consider its place in your past and your present and future and hang out with some cool ex JWs who share your pain and joys, as many of us do from afar.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for sharing that beauty and pain with us Jeff.

The tree gave me a flash-back to "Where the Red Fern Grows" for some reason. I know it was just a dog in the book, but the sentiments were similar.

If I was a mid-Westerner I'd love to join you guys for lunch someday.

Cherish every day. I know you do.

om

• arwen
    arwen

What a touching tribute to your dear brother. You express yourself so eloquently. Thank you for sharing your heart and soul with us here... Remember, "What soap is to the body, tears are to the soul" I pray that the tears you cried will wash away some of your pain and also refresh you soul.

• Dagney
    Dagney

What a beautiful story about your day. I am sorry for your losses, and glad you have found some friends to comfort you along the way. Bittersweet, isn't it?

Thank you for sharing with us.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Ak,

What a wonderful day you had, my heart goes out to you also this is such a moving experience.

Your a great guy and certainly have lots of friends now amongst you.

(((((((( Hugs))))))))

Hope4others

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Touching.

Where are you at in Indiana?

I'm in Illinois.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Where are you at in Indiana?

Far northeastern corner. North of Fort Wayne.

Jeff

• wings
    wings

I understand your moment with your brother. I understand the wonderful-horrible feeling of a good cry. Grief, mixed with appreciation and complicated reconciliation of a life full of things lost and things gained.

Thank you for sharing AK Jeff, I'm glad you had a good day.

wings

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks for sharing your story.

I like to think that you are a brother to me. It's good to have a caring brother.

I think you might consider some attempt to locate those kids of your brother.
    You never know how much good some family contact can do them.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I think you might consider some attempt to locate those kids of your brother.
    You never know how much good some family contact can do them.

I hear from them, but very infrequently. They have left the Jw's in the wrong way. They have leaped into bad relationships and substances that will only harm them in time. [Ironically, it was similar choices that set up the time-bomb disease that killed their dad].

The older one will never go back - she in fact never joined the religion. The middle daughter is hooked up with bad com-padres from what I have seen and is very unstable. I have tried talking to her, but she is in her own world and keeps moving around, so I don't know from month to month where she it located, or her situation. The only boy, now about 20 or 21 I think, the youngest, tried to stick it out with the Jw's after his dad died, but gave into sexual pressure and got disfellowshipped. He stayed in the area where my brother lived, so I worry that he might bottom out and go back to the Jw's eventually. They were his family, since that was all he ever knew - his flesh and blood family [my sister and I and his granddad], were way out of the picture while he grew up due to geography, and his built in prejudice against those not in the 'truth'. I was until he was 15 or 16, but we did not live close.

None of the three of them has made good choices it appears so far. That is why I said that I think they would have been better off staying in the religion until they were older. Hopefully they will get a grip and start acting responsibly in time.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit