Nice meet-up with some former Jw's - then a visit to my Jw brother today!

by AK - Jeff 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

It was a fine day. The sun. Friends. And a visit with my brother.

Otwo and Jk666 and I met for lunch. Nice long conversation. We are trying to do this at least twice per year. Had a great time.

It was a nice day - sunny and 60 degrees and I had a long drive home. I decided to visit my brother, at his 'place' on the way home. I sat on the stone abutment of the dam down by the river and poured out my heart about how much he had missed in my life since I left the faith of Jehovah's Witnesses, my fears, my bitterness over his wife's refusal to speak with me, where I am now with the whole thing of figuring out life without the script.

I cried uncontrollably for a few minutes there, remembering the last time we were there on the bank of that river. How his cremains drifted over the fast churning waters that became his final resting place. I cried that I missed him, my only brother. I cried wondering if he were still alive if he would have cut me off. I spoke to him as if he could hear me. I remembered how he loved this place. He had canoed these waters, swam them, fished them, and hunted for hundreds of hours with me by his side. He had brought his kids here to camp after he knew he was ill. One of the last questions he asked my dad was "Do you think I will ever get to camp at the river again?" My dad assured him he would, while knowing he would not ever leave that bed.

Five years ago he died - Four years ago, on a day similar to the one we had today - we said our final goodbye as I spread his ashes onto the waters. My life began to change rapidly following his death - I found out the 'truth about the truth' within months, Mom died a year later, and all my friends were destined to wash their hands of me within short order. Life would never be the same for me - changed profoundly by the loss of my brother, my only one, and the loss of my lifetime faith within months of one another.

On the path leading away from the dam I smelled a sweet perfume. Tracking it down, I found the most wonderful, fragrant flowering tree. I don't know what it is - but it's aroma intoxicated me. I clipped a few branches in memory of my brother. I have placed them in water to see if I can make them root. As I snapped off the twigs, a thorn from a branch impaled itself into my thumb. It made me think of how my relationship with my brother was both thorny and sweet over those 46 years of his shortened life. I miss him every day. I hope it grows.

Sometimes it is good to cry.

It was a fine day. The sun. Friends. And a visit with my brother.

Jeff

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I'm glad you had a good visit, and a good day. Hopefully, I can meet you and your family one day!!

Sometimes it is good to cry.

I envy you there, that is something I haven't been able to do for a long, long time!!

shell

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Hopefully, I can meet you and your family one day!!

The pleasure would be all mine in that case.

Jeff

• mouthy
    mouthy

Jeff I am glad you cried again REAL men CRY!!! Its good for the soul

I am so sorry for your loss. It is SO hard to get over our loved ones when the pass on.Especially when they are so young. I do hope the clipping will take root a memory (((((HUGS))))

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I do hope the clipping will take root a memory

If not, I know where the tree lives. Thank you for such kind words. And Happy Birthday, Grace!

Jeff

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thank Jeff (((HUG))

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm sorry about your loss - it sounds as though your brother was married. Did he have children?

• BFD
    BFD

Wow, Jeff. that sounds like a sweet day. I'm glad you feel better now.

There's this stuff called "Root Grow" that might help that clipping to form a root.

BFD

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    it sounds as though your brother was married. Did he have children?

Yes - three. One of them never became Jw. When he died, two of them were steadfast Jw's, 18 and 15 I think at the time. Now both of them are out - but dysfunctional. I worry that they may have a hard time getting life together. But they don't seem to stay in touch, and I don't know how to contact them since they move around. I hope they never go back to the Jw's - but sometimes I think they were better off. They had a focus at least, a program. Now it seems they are groping, and with no father to help them too.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

There's this stuff called "Root Grow" that might help that clipping to form a root.

BFD

Thanx. I will look into that. I would love to have a full blown tree in my backyard someday from that sprout.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit