Nice meet-up with some former Jw's - then a visit to my Jw brother today!

by AK - Jeff 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

Around here the May Day tree intoxicates me every spring. http://www.bionmr.ualberta.ca/rbo/house/backyard-2005/backyard-2005-Pages/Image1.html

But I don't think it is thorny.

The cherry tree:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cateyes/121235940/

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I forgot to mention 'Goody Two-shoes StepMommy'.

She claimed her intention to stay with the kids, give them a mother of sorts. [Real mom is still alive but has serious issues with drugs]. My brother's grave wasn't cold for long when she began to berate the two at home, driving in a wedge. The middle child rebelled and was disfellowshipped - which resulted in no place to stay, no support whatsoever in that area. She wanted to avoid me also I think, since step mom had poisoned the well with talk of my apostasy by then. Then within a few months I heard that the boy was living [now at maybe 17] with another Jw family, and that step mommy had taken off chasing a brother from the area who had moved to another state. She eventually came back - but she has written off the kids I suppose. They are adult now, She feels no need to participate in their lives.

Mind you, some of the above is speculation as to motive and agenda. But likely accurate. I saw her twice after she moved to my area. She was working at Wal-Mart and refused to speak to myself or my wife. God, what awful things this religion does to people. She is a good person under it all - or at least I always thought she was.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Around here the May Day tree intoxicates me every spring.

That might be it Jgnat. It looks like that. There are some thorns on the one I pruned however.

Jeff

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Glad you were able to have that experience as you feel it was good for you Jeff. It certainly is good to have a cry when you need it.

Thanks for sharing your painful events and your days processing.

• Perry
    Perry

Glad you had a nice visit Jeff. Life comes at us pretty fast...thanks for reminding us to stop and "smell the roses".

• flipper
    flipper

JEFF- I'm writing this as I'm wiping the tears off of my keyboard friend. I just want to say my wife and I care ; that's all. You have a big heart , and your brother , wherever he is now , knows that, by you talking out loud to him. I lost close guy friends in death - 3 of them like brothers - it's something which always stays with you. I am so glad you got to have lunch with JK and OTWO, they are good friends of mine - we have talked a lot on the phone as well. I know you have more stress now taking on raising your grandchildren- if you ever would like to talk, I'm here friend. Love and hugs to you, Peace out, Mr. Flipper and the Mrs too.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I should just let this thread die - but I must say once more "Thanx for all the kindness".

The 'true brotherhood' exists outside the Jw's, and we are privileged to have found a part of it here.

Jeff

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Sorry to hear of you tragic loss.

I hope to see my brother soon, and of all our memories, going fishing so many times together are the most powerful of them all.

Take care.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I hope to see my brother soon, and of all our memories, going fishing so many times together are the most powerful of them all.

Just a query regarding your statement, Mr Ben. Do you mean that you too have lost your brother in death, but expect to see him in the afterlife? Or do you mean that you are expecting to see him in the flesh soon? Just curious.

Thanx for your thoughts of kindness also.

Jeff

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Otwo and Jk666 and I met for lunch.

We might nickname this meeting, THE THREE J's.

There's AK-JEFF, JK666, and my real name is Jephthah.
    Even if your name doesn't begin with a "J," we welcome anyone
    who could make a weekday lunch in the area of extreme northern
    Indiana, extreme southern Michigan.

Our next lunch might be at the end of Summer, the beginning of Fall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit