Oil Execs Defend Huge Profits Before Senate

by momzcrazy 143 Replies latest social current

• shamus100
    shamus100

I guess your generalizing all Americans are lazy to start - among other things. Just read what you wrote - it's all in there.

Perhaps you should think about what you believe when people start to generalize homosexuals and they're behaviors.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Hey, folks - only 50% or so of us must be of the "Slaveringly Selfish Gimme My Cheap Gas" class...based on Presidential voting patterns...

Give me a car that seats four comfortably and gets about 60 miles range out of the battery and is less than 25k-and I will buy it.

Hey BTS - The Ford Electric Ranger was a step in that direction - 65 mile range, pickup truck. Would it hit the $25k mark? We don't know - it wasn't offered for sale, only for lease. Though I read some CA lessors were able to protest loud enough that when Ford reclaimed the model, a few got left in private hands...

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude
    Shamus:

Perhaps you should think about what you believe when people start to generalize homosexuals and they're behaviors.

Huh? So you're saying people don't like to be generalized and grouped into one big pile? Imagine that. Amusing that people don't want something done unto them, as they do unto others, isnt' it? Some of the very same posters that boldly proclaimed condemnation over someone else's 'choice' like being gay get upset over having to deal with the ramifications of their own choices like gasoline prices? Imagine that. LOL.

Or better said by you on another thread with slight changes to make it topical:

Shamus: Now it is true that there are cheerleaders, etc. But that's for the majority of the world, which are not gas hogs. They are environmentally aware, and the US doesn't like others cramming their lifestyle down their throat. I'm sure nobody wants that, probably the ones running around driving SUVs in public, and being general jackasses - gasoholics especially. That's just not okay in my books. I would love it if those orgies of gasoline consumption were toned down - then maybe I'd let it go.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Okay - you win. Two wrongs make a right in your world. I guess I mis-judged you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit