KurtBethel visits Beth Sarim!

by kurtbethel 62 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

Most likely scenerio: The WTBTS gives the needed money to a trustee who gives it back as a "gift" ... there, that's how it's done.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I remember a fellow apostate showing me this stuff 15 years ago. I did not pay attention.

I do now.

If anyone has the guts to show this to a JW, my advice is be clear and level headed.

sputtering clouds the mind of the faithful

• loosie
    loosie
    I might catch Solomon, Ezekiel, Job and Micah in a pick up game

Who would be shirts and who would be skins?

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

When I was at Bethel, I learned that both Beth Sarim and Beth Shan were financed by Wm Heath's father, not a Bible Student, who was a close personal friend of Rutherford. My husband and I saw a home movie of the two men walking outside of Beth Shan. It was William's father who owned the Coke franchise in Atlanta, GA. Also, Rutherford had one Cady and one Lincoln, both gifts from Mr. Heath, Senior. The pictures of both are in the Art Dept.

Also, I toured the inside and outside of Rutherford's home, Beth Sarim, in 1994 with permission of the owner. He told me, in the garage where I was talking to him, that Rutherford was not buried under the shed on the side of the hill, but underneath where I was standing. I kid you not. He swore up and down that he spoke to old-time members who worked for Rutherford and they told him that he was secretly buried in the garage and concrete was poured on top of him. It was done that way because NY headquarters didn't want Rutherford's body and the county wouldn't permit him to be buried on the property.

I have pictures of Beth Sarim taken that day and one of them is of me taken in the living room standing in front of the fireplace. BTW, the bathroom fixtures were solid brass, the best. An elder (and his wife), who accompanied me that day, was in the construction field and he pointed out the fixtures to me. In 1994, the house didn't look like it had been remodeled to any great extent. There was a nice swimming pool in the back yard which definitely looked old.

Within the next few weeks, my pictures of Beth Sarim will be on the Freeminds site.

Barbara

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Thanks Barbara will have to take peek at those pictures some day, seems strange that the witnesses would go ahead and break the law and have someone buried

in this fashion.

And thanks for the information on who was responsible for paying for the house.

• horrible life
    horrible life

I love the cross on the roof. Somehow, very fitting.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Farkel - Thanks for all that research. It gives a lot of depth and background to what I was seeing. I would like to go back and see more. This was just a scouting expedition.

Barbara - That was really great to get the tour. I don't like bothering people I don't know on a SUnday morning, or any other time, so I did not go up to the door and ask to look around. Some people would. As to snapping photos, I felt okay because with the place being a historic landmark it goes with the territory. If I was noticed then they figured it was just another rube getting souvenir shots. Driving down the lane to it, my heart really was pounding from realizing the gravity of the place. I have never even been a JW and still I realized the significance of that place, I could feel it.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle
    I dare you to put a watchterror at the front door ha ha ha

Wordly Andre' - I laughed so hard at that - can you just imagine. Or even calling at the door (I'd do fake field service - I wouldn't be able to resist)

Would have loved to have been there.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Do you want to know the most ironic thing of all???

Now, think about this.....how many real JW's have actually knocked on this householder's door to preach the good news to them, without ever knowing that house's history?? I mean, that has got to be priceless.....here you are, a young or newly converted JW, and you are working the territory. You think, "Damn, that's a big house, maybe I'll claim it for myself after the Big A, but for now I'll go up and try to place some literature."

Knock, Knock.

Current resident of Beth Sarim: "Who's there?"

Young or newly converted JW: "JW's."

Current resident of Beth Sarim: "JW's? The same ones that had this house built for the returning Princes in the 1920's?"

Young or newly converted JW: "What?"

I mean, this situation would be just classic. You can't tell me it hasn't happened in all this time as well. And to think, all the while 'ol Rutherford, their once aloof president, is buried in the garage!! I mean, I'm nearly rolling on the floor at the irony of it all..

Bwaaaahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

- Wing Commander

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Would have loved to have been there.

LouBelle - Would have loved to have you there with me. ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit