KurtBethel visits Beth Sarim!

by kurtbethel 62 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Sunday, May 18th was my big day. I decided to go to Beth Sarim, home of the Princes and Ancient Worthies.

So I loaded up the truck and rolled out, wondering what do you do when you meet someone so ancient that the Roman empire was a mere twinkling in Jehovah's eye.

I rolled in to the Kensington area of San Diego. It is right off the 15, Adams Avenue exit. The neighborhood has houses that are older, I suspect from one of the mid century housing booms. The streets are lined with palm trees and it is park like with the landscaping.

Rolling north on Marlborough, I make a right on Hilldale, and another right on Braeburn. My heart starts pounding. Is Jehovah watching this?

I have my camera ready and as the street takes a right bend the Beth Sarim Estate looms on the left. It is surrounded by trees and a large lawn. It looks so peaceful, like a great place for very ancient people to relax and enjoy a shady rest from the toils of a life lived thousands of years ago.

No one stirs. Windows are open though no one appears and no one is heard. It is a little spooky, although there is a sign on the lawn announcing the house is protected by a security agency. I have a feeling that I am being watched as I take some photographs of this monumental house of the Princes.

Enough anticipation, on with the photos...

the money shot

This is the money shot for this location, as you may have seen it before.

a closer look

That veranda has a western view. I picture Abraham and David sitting there watching a sunset and drinking Ancient Worthy punch.

a look in back

Nice view in back for watching the sunrise and viewing down into the canyon. I wonder if Isaiah lounges naked back there.

Kurt was there

I plan on printing this photo, so I can wear that shark shirt to the KH, assembly or convention and then show the photo to anyone I meet, demonstrating my Ancient Worthy Beth Sarim cred. I noticed the basketball hoop. If I showed up at the right time I might catch Solomon, Ezekiel, Job and Micah in a pick up game.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Nice pics. but where is Rutherfords un-finished tomb? I told my mum about this house and she did not believe me till I showed her the picture in the "Proclaimers" book....she was very stumbled and shocked...but quickly recovered because it is still "the truth."

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Who owns that now I wonder? I was expecting to see a ghostly figure looking out of the top window...lol

Thanks for the pictures, did you get a look at the cript in the yard from any other angel? oops meant angle I suppose that would have been removed, who the heck

would want something like that...a little freaky I guess. The whole house idea is way out there now that I think about it.

hope4others

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Wow, those are neat pics... Rutherford really had it rough during the great depression... its a good thing he took a vow of poverty.

It's neat that you posted a pic of yourself... seems to be a trend lately...on JWD. Real pics on avatars rule!!!

And you kinda look like an ancient worthy yourself...

A@G

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Nice pics! Not sure I'd want to live there - just in case the Ancient Worthies show up and stake a claim at some inconvenient hour.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Great..well played!

Hill

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I like the pics. Looks like a pretty neat estate.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Great Pics! Here is a link to some history of the place and the cost to build. http://www.geocities.com/paulblizard/deed.html

r.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Nice pics Kurt,

Its really not a appealing looking of a house at all is it, it looks more fortress like if anything, some would even say its ugly..

But it has some significance though because it was built and lived in one of the earliest religious scam artists that came out of America.

Yep, you can almost envision Rutherford sitting by the pool with a drink in his hand surrounded by his mistresses ( personal assistances )

laughing himself into a drunken stupor every night at what he had accomplished.

God is good indeed !

• Layla33
    Layla33

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit