My Cousin Tells His Mom That Its Better That His Dad Dies Now B4 Armageddon

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My uncle who is not a JW looks pretty bad and he's in his mid 80s and in the hospital. My JW aunt is praying that he'll recover and see the "End" before he passes away. She's very broken up by his recent illness, recognizing that it might be the end for him. Meanwhile my MS cousin counseled his mother NOT to hope and pray that he makes it because the reality is that Jehovah God wil destroy him in no time during the Great Tribulation.

What comfort, huh? Do these people suck or what???

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Both of my mother's parents are dead now. I can see how Mom thinks this is
    good because the end is so imminent, and now they can get a resurrection, but
    they never would have become JW's and lived through Armageddon.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

And they are known to be such compansionate, loving people!!

excuse me while I gag on that statement!!

• minimus
    minimus

I truly was revolted by these comments AND the ACCEPTANCE of them! I told my mom how DISGUSTED I was and I think she regretted telling me.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I've heard similar statements numorus times from JW's. A couple of years ago, a young couple in my town, was shot and killed in an attempted car jacking. They were 'studies' of someone in my sisters congregation. She madet the comment, "It's better that they died before armageddon since they were not babtized. Now they have a chance to be resurrected."

• Casper
    Casper

I used to hear these comments too, it makes me sick to think that I also felt that way on some level, when I was a witness.

To hear them now, just leaves me dumb founded....

I'm sorry your Uncle is in the hospital and you have to listen to such nonsense. I hope he gets better soon...

Cas

• wings
    wings

That was always one of the more queasy-ridiculuos-outer-space-reasoning's.....and, as fate would have it, they are hoping that for me now.

wings (doomed and proud of it)

• minimus
    minimus

Realistically, wouldn't it be God's will that it would be best for mankind to die now?

The cyclones, volcanoes, tsunamis, etc. should be swomething every Witness is thrilled about! Now at least, they have a chance for a ressurection!! YAY!!!!

SICK!

• mouthy
    mouthy

My JW grand-daughter told me that ten years ago. She was praying I would die before the big A...

I bet she is real 'ticked " I am still here!!!! I guess I am like the Ever-ready battery to her LOL

• blondie
    blondie

Maybe jws should put this in their witnessing bags and send people at the door to Sheol and save them from Gehenna during the "great tribulation."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit