My Cousin Tells His Mom That Its Better That His Dad Dies Now B4 Armageddon

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty

How did Jim Jones convince 900 people that suicide was the best option?

Answer - step by step, a little at a time.

And wishing people dead now for a future resurrection is surely one of the steps on that journey.

• TD
    TD

Sick...

I've also suspected for a long time that this particular JW belief contributes to suicide as well.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/100255/1.ashx

• minimus
    minimus

Ohhh Blondie.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Yeah I heard the same bullshit when my dad passed away and he was a JW in good standing??

• mind my own
    mind my own

It is terrible! However, I remember thinking that very thing about certain people such as non-believing family members that I was particularily fond of. If they died before armageddon then at least they would have another chance at everlasting life. Oh please! I can't even believe I ever thought that.

MMO

• minimus
    minimus

It shows how far we've come along. We have changed so much for the better!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, it's just sick. Your poor uncle, at least his wife loves him.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i hope the son doesnt have the medical PoA! i cannot help thinking that his "counsel" is anything but comforting to a wife deeply concerned about her life partner and his impending demise

i know i was lame as a dub, but god i hope not to that degree....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, by my estimation they have another 4.5 billion years left. Perhaps they are going to die before Armageddon, even if they get well--unless they can live another 4.5 billion years, that is.

• minimus
    minimus

Even though I've been effectively "shunned" by my aunt and her family, I plan on visiting my uncle today. He specifically asked for me yesterday so even if I get a cool reception from others, I'm going to the hospital. And it's funny that these JWs are always lamenting that the family isn't close anymore.....but that's supposed to be because some of us defected from "The Truth".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit