the sons of god began to notice....

by lilyflor 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lilyflor
    lilyflor

sosad,

what then does catholisism say about the nephilim, those superhumans which were the offspring of the sons of god and the daughters of man?

• watson
    watson

being "spirit creatures" they had never experienced friction.

• sosad
    sosad

the ref to nephalim is/can be translated as " the men of fame, giants etc" I was surprised when I read the account out of the bible instead of out of the My Book of Bible Stories

if these were big, bad guys daddy didn't have to be a fallen angel - we have big bad guys now

• winnower
    winnower

I really think you are missing the point. The NWT refers to these nephilim as the sons of the "True" god. Isn't Satan the god-leader of the nephilim? Is the "True" god the god of this world? Isn't the god of this world actually "the wicked one"? Or is the "true" god the god in the heavenlies? Does the god in the heavenlies claim the nephilim as his sons? Or does the god of the heavenlies claim only Jesus as his son? Who is this "true" god? Which is this "true" god? "And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home..." I think it's rather interesting that the books that elaborate more on the nephilim have been removed from the books of the bible. This probably has more to do with the fact that the nephilim infiltrated the temples as slaves and later took on more responsibilities that were supposed to be forbidden to them. I think the nephilim "cooked the books". The story of the Nephilim is chronicled more fully in the Book of Enoch (part of Ethiopianbiblical canon). Enoch, as well as Jubilees, connects the origin of the Nephilim with the fallen angels, and in particular with the Grigori (watchers). Samyaza, an angel of high rank, is described as leading a rebel sect of angels in a descent to earth to instruct humans in righteousness. The tutelage went on for a few centuries, but soon the angels pined for the human females and began to instruct the women in magic and conjuring. The angels consummated their lust, and as a result produced hybrid offspring: the Nephilim. According to these texts, the fallen angels who begat the Nephilim were cast into Tartarus/Gehenna, a place of 'total darkness'. However, Jubilees also states that God granted ten percent of the disembodied spirits of the Nephilim to remain after the flood, as demons, to try to lead the human race astray (through idolatry, the occult, etc.) until the final Judgment. In addition to Enoch, the Book of Jubilees (7:21-25) also states that ridding the Earth of these Nephilim was one of God's purposes for flooding the Earth in Noah's time. The Biblical reference to Noah being "perfect in his generations" may have referred to his having a clean, Nephilim-free bloodline, although it may be inferred that there was more diversity among his three daughters-in law. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephilim

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

The OT takes every opportunity to depict women as sexual objects and not much more. This is yet another example.

Why are they "sons of God" to start with? If they are truly genderless, why wouldn't they also be interested in a buff, young twenty year old whose muscles are rippling and whose manhood can be seen from the highest mountain? Why did they only sex up the women?

And were the offspring of the fallen angels and human females only males? Why no females? Or were there females but they weren't discussed because of the severe gender bias?

Is it possible that the angels did/do have genders and only chunks of the male population revolted while all of the female angels stayed in heaven because human men just weren't very sexy (all that messy facial hair)?

er

• Switch
    Switch

that's one of those biblical accounts that creeped me out when I was younger. I can still remember the drawing in one of the books showing the angels peeking out from the clouds lusting at the women. Nothing like planting the image of peeping tom angels in a young girl's mind!

And they took the form of men - I thought it was always God's spirit that empowered them to do things so how did they have creative abilities all of a sudden?

Shouldn't God have stepped in and said "No way this is natural or what I intended" and stopped them all before their were offspring!?!?

It all seems so ludicrous now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit