the sons of god began to notice....

by lilyflor 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

What a lot of people don't know is that the women were disfellowshipped for "seducing"the angels.I mean,if they had been out in service like they were supposed to, they wouldn't have had time for this crap !

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

As far as we know, "angels neither marry in heaven nor are given in marriage" according to the answer Jesus gave to the Sadducees when asked the question about the resurrection of the dead.

The angels observed the companionship of man and woman and perhaps they felt incomplete without their own "partner".

Being perfect doesn't mean you don't get lonely!

• TD
    TD
    Where did these angels get their sexual urges from?

The JW notion of angels as non-corporeal, sexless spirits is a modern invention.

First century Jews believed the angels were circumcised. --I guess the urge would go along with the apparatus...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Being perfect doesn't mean you don't get lonely!

I think it does. We used to say that the basic definition of perfect was to be complete. Perfection relates to the mind as well as the body, which angels did not have anyway. Loneliness means that you feel something lacking, therefore imperfect

• loosie
    loosie
    Where did these angels get their sexual urges from?

Boobies have magical powers... over all creation.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Wierd theology......defying all logic....silly.

• Maryblondgrl
    Maryblondgrl

Same sort of stuff you get when you ponder the idea that Cain killed his brother, traveled to another part of the land, and married his long lost sister....so ummmm....ok

• yknot
    yknot

Whole lotta free will going on.......

• parakeet
    parakeet

"....the sons of the [true] God began to notice the daughters of men...."

Translation: "Hey baby, can I buy you a drink? I know a great little pub just past the camel shed."

• sosad
    sosad

I found this interesting - catholic tradition teaches that the "son's of God" were actually the offspring of Adam that worshipped God, whereas the 'son's of men" did not follow "true worship" in any form. when you think of it, it makes much more sense when you read the account. the idea of the angels coming down (no pun intended) just doesn't make sense - i haven't talked to one other member of a modern day religion that interprets it the way the jws do (big surprise)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit