hi newbie to this great place

by freespirit67 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

I am glad that your story has some happiness in it. You have endured much.

Will your daughter feel it necessary to shun you?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome. Is there any way you can stop your daughter from being baptized? Can you make her wait until she is at least 18?

• yknot
    yknot

alt Welcome Aboard !!!

Thank you for sharing your experiences, the more we share the stronger we grow.

I was wondering if you have custody of your youngest?

The reason I ask is because as a minor she cannot commit to a membership (JW Baptism is a membership initiation ritual) without parental approval technically.

If you have custody excercise your parental rights and simply explain to her that she cannot be baptized at 18 (use scriptural references to obeying and honoring parents if needed). She will be mad but you can then talk to her about why she wants to be baptized. You can do a 'study' and compare JW baptism versus Bible baptism. Since the two differ it might help her change her mind. It will also give you a chance to re-read and think the NT/Greek scriptures and the wonderful message they contain.

If you have joint custody, you can take it up in court..... (you are already DFd so go for broke to save your kid)

If he has custody, remember when she is facing her JC that they have no written parental consent & she can contest it as she was a minor and not legally capable of entering into such an organizational membership.

Download the "Organized to Do Jehovah's Will" book here http://www.sendspace.com/file/yqn0lr

Compare the final two questions asked from the stage on page 215 to Matt 28:19.

I look forward to reading your future posts

Warm Wishes

Yknot

• chickpea
    chickpea

welcome and well met

your story, while uniquely yours, echoes so many others.... hope you find support and answers for this journey you are on

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Welcome to the JWD family! Thanks for sharing your story with us. I am so sorry for your losses, your Arran and your brother. But I am so happy you have found your soulmate.

momz

• LunaFing
    LunaFing

Hi! Welcome. Aren't "worldly" men great? I was married to a witness for 3 years and it was a horrible marriage. I divorced him then met my current husband. We've been happily married for 6 years. Great to have you here!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hello FreeSpirit67 - welcome - You will definately find like minded people.

Happy Days

• free2think
    free2think

Hello freespirit and Welcome to JWD.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hi and welcome!

• chicken little
    chicken little

Hello to you ,

I left the wt org after 45 years in (from age 3). I too am happier than ever in my whole life...so I wish you continued happiness and love in your life.

The witness stuff takes time to esponge.....wash it away gently, bit by bit. Your being happy is the only way to make an impact on your family...they are so deeply in that nothing you say will have any effect..but living your life and being happy does seep into their subconscience..I know from experience.

Love and hugs

chicken little

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit