Bethelite: Elder burnout, R&F disillusionment led to book study change

by pseattle2 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I'm not sure who the joker is that hijacked my orginal JWD post and retitled it for his blog that you see here. He is a blatant plagiarist and should be taken out and horse whipped.

It would seem that he/she is drawing from our posts here. Here is my thread on 4/23:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/157029/1.ashx

Here is the blog post on 4/26:

http://governingbodyletters.blogspot.com/2008/04/funny-jehovahs-witness-joke.html

I myself did not generate the image for the post but I found it on the net.

It isn't plagiarism, content reuse is what blogging is all about as long as it is attributed properly. Personally, if it is providing info that will help JWs open their eyes, I say go for it.

This is a bigger issue than little old you. If you post something good here it will grow legs. You should be flattered.

BTS

• besty
    besty
    I'm not sure who the joker is that hijacked my orginal JWD post and retitled it for his blog that you see here. He is a blatant plagiarist and should be taken out and horse whipped.

http://governingbodyletters.blogspot.com/2008/05/books-to-be-released-at-2008-district.html

and

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/158108/1.ashx

Seems the blogger sees themselves as something of a news aggregator - he/she should be crediting other peoples content IMHO.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One thing they can count on is that I will not willingly step up for them. If I ever get dragged back, they had better prepare for a lot of calls led to apostate web sites, usage of Ephesians 2:8 and 9 followed by "Oops, we are not supposed to use that part of the Bible, and introductions "We are two of Jehovah's Witlesses". And anything else I can think of to blow calls.

• Sirona
    Sirona

This is good news. The net is making a difference.

Sirona

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The fact that there are many ex-elders on this board is a tribute to the fact that the society is losing the best and the brightest.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

JW's are always like 30 years behind main stream Christianity. It's just a natural progression. Because the Witnesses are not cut off completely from Society (and probably will never be) they will simply take on the outside worlds opinions on things much later.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    Why do you think they have invited all the elders to the "pump me up" sessions in Patterson?

this has been my thought also. its all about elders. recent assembly the DO spent about 10 minutes on the need for "brothers" - 20,000 new elders every year are needed and as many MS's.

Your comment about the pump me up sessions really does seem to validate this logic.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    I think this is a nice observation, and I agree with it. Problem is, I haven't seen it actually happening in reality.

I know a brother personally, an elder, he was wanting to "step-aside" but the elders were practically begging him to stay because of the work load - He wanted to step aside because the workload was so high.
    Most would not know this is happening - after all, what elder would admit to the sheep that he is stressed out from a load that is supposed to be "not burdensome"?

How many elders and MS's are out there that have expressed similar sentiments? Obviously the CO reports are going back to the mothership that the elders are burned out and they are having difficulty bringing new ones on board. This is both a pro-active and reactive move by the org.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    But the crack down on anything internet has put a stop to almost all of the free discussion boards that used to be hosted by JW's, that I know of anyway. The society is very clear all independent thinking is to be crushed...I don't see many wanting to challenge them on it. The cost is too high. So then they just pray for the end to come.

have you seen the influx in Newbies on this site recently? They are everywhere!!

The org says dont read stuff on the internet, then lots of Newbies. Coincidence?? In the words of the Writing Dept. - "Of course not!"

• Dagney
    Dagney
    I know a brother personally, an elder, he was wanting to "step-aside" but the elders were practically begging him to stay because of the work load - He wanted to step aside because the workload was so high.
    Most would not know this is happening - after all, what elder would admit to the sheep that he is stressed out from a load that is supposed to be "not burdensome"?

I stated that I agree with the sentiments and that the workload for elders is burdensome if not almost impossible to carry out to WBTS guidelines.

My point is with all the frank discussions about this, none have actually stepped down that I know of. They are striving to find their own balance and work out the problems from the inside rather than leave. It is probably different elsewhere, but not in my very large, cosmopolitan community.

Lord knows, I wish they would come to the dark side. It's fun, it's free, they will love it here!

I am horribly skeptical of anything the WBTS does. I can see it being a pro-active move on the corporations behalf with few qualified brothers in pipeline to step in as the older ones die off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit