Favorite Blues Singers , Guitarists, or other Blues Instrument Players ?

by flipper 26 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Robin Trower... The Bridge of Sighs.....(The walk of the damned)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtr9QbaZmTk&feature=related

r.

• flipper
    flipper

LOCUTOS- Hey thanks for the great U-tubes bro ! I love every one of those artists ! I will save some to my favorites !

RESTRANGLED- I am a big Robin Trower fan ! I love Bridge of Sighs ! I have that album still on vinyl of all things ! He was, and is great ! He still performs you know ! Thanks for the U-tube ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The Blues players I listen to are, The Alman Brothers, Jack Bruce, with Cream, Elmore James, Robert Cray, Johny Lang, Howlin Wolf, Eric Burden and the Animals, Muddy Waters, Albert King, Robert Johnson, ZZ top.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Johnny Winters

Kenny Wayne Shepherd

Buddy Guy

Muddy Waters

Billy Holiday

Janis Joplin

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

1. Robert Johnson

2. B.B. King

3. Jimmy Page

4. Eric Clapton

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Flip: I made a mistake in mentioning the group "Hot Tuna." They were not at Woodstock. I was thinking of the group "Canned Heat." My brain is failing me - a sure sign of aging.

Of course, this is not to say that "Hot Tuna" did not do blues songs; I think they did, but I am not so familiar with them. Last night, I was thinking of the group, "Canned Heat.".

There is also the group "Humble Pie." I have a c.d. on which they do a rendition of "Thirty Days in the Hole." They also do a cover of the Stones' "Honky Tonk Women." Speaking of the Stones, they were very heavily influenced by blues singers when they first formed their group. At that time in England, many young people were listening a lot to the blues. The Stones have a three-cd compilation of singles. I highly recommend it.

Again, sorry for the mix-up.

• blackholesun
    blackholesun

I like Jeff Back. He can play, alright.

• Layla33
    Layla33

Bessie Smith

BB King

Muddy Waters

Billie Holiday (she was a mix of jazz & blues to me)

honorable mention: Bobby Rush

• tinker
    tinker

Hey do you know about the Johnny Lee Hooker, JW connection. He had a JW gal friend I think and lots of LA area JW hung out with him back in the day.

Hey Dagney, are you out there, tell us the story....I forget

One of my all time faves of any style is Eric. Mr Slow Hand was very influenced by very early bluesmen. At least one of his CDs is on my disc player at all times.

• dinah
    dinah

John Lee Hooker and B.B. King without a doubt. Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Of course the dude who inspired my avatar isn't half bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit