Its Thursday nite and...

by seeking help 18 Replies latest jw friends

• seeking help
    seeking help

I hate myself for just going along with this nonsense..

• poppers
    poppers

So end the charade.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I love all days of the week now that I'm out! Free yourself!

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

I don't hate myself because I have what I consider to be a noble reason. It justifies the abuse I put myself through. I'd like for my family to stay together until the Watchtower self-destructs. I could walk away but my family is destroyed. I don't want that so I have to go hear our lame Circuit Overseer tonight tell us how Field Service is the most important thing that has ever existed on earth. These ancient CO's have completely lost touch with the reality for most of the members. They live in all-expenses-paid housing and get free gas. Ours even has DirecTV (I am not kidding). I assume that one of the elders is footing the bill for that personall, but why does a Circuit Overseer need 500 channels of television?

er

• BFD
    BFD

Get right with yourself. If others choose to "hate" you for it then that's their problem, not yours.

Sorry. Hope things get better.

BFD

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Removing yourself from it is vital. You don't have to do it all at once if you are
    worried about the wife rejecting you, but it can be done.

You might try just walking away from it cold turkey or you might start missing meetings
    here and there. The best way to see what will happen is to start skipping now. See
    what the wife and others have to say, then skip another meeting, perhaps Sunday.

Come back and let us know what you are doing, what they are saying. We can help
    you to fade or just leave. It can be done.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I quit cold turkey just like when I quit smoking. The more you hang onto it the harder it is to let go. I do not miss it at all and I really enjoy being at home.

But, you have t do what fits your situation best.

• Dagney
    Dagney

What Quirky1 said.

I wish you all the best.

• changeling
    changeling

So stay home and watch TV. Thursday night is "must see TV"!

changeling :)

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Feign illness, headache, your back can't take another 2 hours spent sitting on a hard chair, whatever it takes to get out of it, or leave halfway through for starters. See how you enjoy the extra rest on a Thursday night instead of getting home somewhere around 10:00 p.m. (if you're as old as I am!) and as far from the KH as I was. Think of the gas you'll be saving if you stay home and how you will be doing your part to curb greenhouse gas emissions. See the positive side of missing meetings (and there really is a VERY POSITIVE side!) Seriously, the more you skip the meetings, the clearer your head will become...soon you'll be able to just say NO MORE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit