Don't understand a WT teaching? It's probably not important anyway:

by easyreader1970 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• real one
    real one

But if they would disfellowship me for disagreeing with the organization's teachings on these "minor" issues, that makes them matters of life and death, doesn't it?

just tell them what they are trying to df youfor are minor issues and don't worry about it

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light
    Does it prevent us from bearing Christian fruitage?

Apparently, I haven't noticed any new fruitage grow on me since my public har came in nice and full. Is that Christian fruitage?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is important, but only serves to waste the average witless's time so they cannot dig beyond the "deeper things" to find the essence of morality. Anyone that does find that essence will realize how absurdly simple it is, and will no longer need a Washtowel or an Asleep! to discern what is morally good or not. And they wouldn't need the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger to think for them.

• Switch
    Switch

I can't believe I didn't recognize their rubbish years ago.

Does it affect the truly important things we have learned with the help of the "slave" class?

They don't have the decency to write "Does is affect the truly important things we have learned from God's Word?" Yet again, they've put the slave class on God's level. Sickening.

• justhuman
    justhuman

Yeah NOTHING is importand in the WT world. Forget what we said yesterday, today it matters...

Forget all the false prophecies that we said the end will come 1914, 1919, 1925, 1942, 1975, before the year 2000...

Just ignore them and BLINDLY OBEY to what we are telling you...

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Most witnesses don't understand what they believe. I only knew a few people in my life that tried to understand the jw beliefs. The vast majority of jws have no understanding except for the very basic teachings.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I can imagine the article saying to just accept the teaching because of all the
    wonderful truths we know the WTS has already given us, and in time, we will
    come to understand this one also.

In reality, they are saying not to do any outside research and eventually you
    will forget about the point. You will feel that you have always accepted the point
    once you forget to do any research.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I've taken Witness assumptions and guesses so far apart, thread by thread, that the Witness was standing there in their spiritual shorts and they still stuck to their fantasy like a 4 year old kid sticks to Santa Clause. One Witness said: "Even if it was all a lie, it's still the best way to live. I couldn't of had a better life.".

It's not about reasonable, or right, or even truth, it's about avoidance and comfort. That which I can deny, I don't have to deal with. Witnessism is more of a culture than a religion. It is a society, a society unto it's own, where success is failure, where smart is dumb, where the obvious is deniable by mutual agreement, and where the unqualified quickly rise to the top. Unbelievable is the norm and failure is proof of right. It's the ultimate inversion of intellect.

I'd much rather try to reason with a drunk than a believing Witness.

• VM44
    VM44

The only thing that is of importance to The Watchtower is to keep the Organization going! Everything else doesn't really matter.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    GB: One Witness said: "Even if it was all a lie, it's still the best way to live. I couldn't of had a better life.".

I've heard my share of that too... In fact I used to say it... Until I realized that it actually was a lie...lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit