Don't understand a WT teaching? It's probably not important anyway:

by easyreader1970 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2
    Does it affect the truly important things we have learned with the help of the "slave" class?

What does that mean? What are the "truly important things" and what are not? If some things are "truly important" then what are the things that are NOT "truly important". Is the Society admitting that a percentage of their teachings are trivial balderdash.

So long as a JW believes in the main doctrines, why disfellowship them if they engage in "minor" things like smoking the odd ciggy or getting drunk every now and then or occassionally associating with a disfellowshipped person, or not believing the ridiculous 1914 creed? The problem is that everything the "slave" class teaches is viewed as "truly important". If you tell too many people you disagree with something you will eventually get disfellowshipped.

If I smoked 1 cigarette every day, I would still be disfellowshipped with no hope of eternal life unless I "repented" of that. Not smoking just 1 cigarette a day would be a "truly important" thing to the "slave".

And why is it always phrased so it's a lack of "understanding", always the dumb rank and file, who are too thick and dense to "understand" what the "slave" says, so the dumb, stupid, thick sheep must simply shut up and put up.

Aren't Catholics told to just accept the trinity dogma as a mystery they cannot hope to "understand"?

Not being able to "understand" a religious teaching means that 99% of the time it is complete and utter cobblers. Trust your intuition. Never believe some religious creed unless you can "understand" it 100% from the Bible. And make sure you seek out and analysis as many alternative interpretations as you can!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit