I Do Not Understand Why JWs Leave & Become Catholics!

by minimus 239 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I'll try to answer from a biblical perspective.

Apostasies occured from the beginning of the Christian congregation. The Roman church continued to propogate beliefs that were not from the inspired scriptures. As I mentioned earlier, I believe the trinity belief is incorrect, hence an example of apostasy. Forbidding men to marry, scripturally, is a sign of a false teaching.

Since I do not recognize the universal church of Catholisism as having been part of true Christianity, I believe the council was not a part of a true Christian arrangement.

I think the corruption of the church was gradual but constant. It appears that the Church was the only vehicle around, whether it was being corrupted slowly or not.

When you look at the shameful history of the Popes, you cannot make me believe these vicars were representing God!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Min

A person could ask, from WHAT were they apostatizing? From jesus' simple teaching? From paul's string of churches? There were numerous christianities during the first two centuries. Remember as well, that jesus apostatized from judaism.

S

• undercover
    undercover

All God's chi'ren are apostates...

• minimus
    minimus

They were breaking away from Jesus' teachings. The 2 Babylons by Hislop document every way those that claim to carry on the truths of Christ did so.

I have to say I find it ironic that exjws defend the Catholic church. The belief that Mary worship is acceptable is counter to all Bible teaching. Infant sprinkling and baptism is unscriptural. Forbidding the clergy to marry or have children is a perversion of scripture and we can go on and on.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I have to say I find it ironic that exjws defend the Catholic church. The belief that Mary worship is acceptable is counter to all Bible teaching. Infant sprinkling and baptism is unscriptural. Forbidding the clergy to marry or have children is a perversion of scripture and we can go on and on.

Sorry to say it min, but you're sounding a bit dubbish today. You're giving me flashbacks. The pioneers™ on my doorstep in the summer of 1975 said the same stuff...

Have a beer or two.

W

• Satanus
    Satanus

Jesus never started any church(s). He never set down any rules or organizational system for churches. The way he is depicted, he never forsaw a worldwide org. It was just a traveling/wandering group that hung about, living off of acolytes. They never even wrote anything down. It was paul, who never met jesus, who started the writing and started the rules. The romans went w paul, and enlarged it, somewhat. W jesus' nonexistent system, there would be no orgs.

I understand that hyslop has dropped in popularity because some of his stuff was debunked.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Infant baptism corresponds to the ot infant circumcision, an introductory to the communal covenant.

S

• minimus
    minimus

What was debunked??

I'm "dubbish" today because I refute the Catholic Church?? That's ok by me, then.

Infant circumcision??? That's a good one!

• Muney
    Muney

*sorry wrong topic, admin please delete*

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah Muney, this is a test.

Welcome to the board!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit