GB sidles out of 1919 and puts 1914 in the bin. (WT study.)!!

by hamsterbait 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Uh, folks, it's pretty clear that the first post contains a SPOOF of what the "New Light" may look like when it comes down from the WT.

If the grammatical mistakes and non-WT word usage (they never capitalize "Earthly Organization," nor imply that others see them as "cult dupes) didn't give it away then surely the lack of references was a clue, no?

Good spoof nonetheless, I'm sure the real one will be comparable.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Yes its a good spoof....on the May 15, 2010 issue...

I think HB thinks we're a bunch of Hamsters and he's the Hamsterbait!

But I agree that this is what the new light will probably come to eventually... problem is, they probably can't get 2/3 majority yet on the GB to decide on what the new light will be!

A@G

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

It`s a spoof? So you got me all upset over nothing? I feel so ... used.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Hamsterbait,

I got the joke immediately. I just hope no one took it seriously enough to try and use this information with a family member or loved one. That would easily confirm in the minds of the JW loyalist how deceptive such an apostate family member has become.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hamsterbait just started a new thread admitting this one was a FAKE.

• RR
    RR
    Unlike the 60's they do not say Christ "came" in 1914. The "Proclaimers book " p137 says the Bible students came to discern that "Christ did not return, (even invisibly), in 1914."

That's because the Bible Students then, as they do now, believe that Christ returned in 1874.

RR

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

This was a spoof when I wrote it - but in recent months things seem to be going exactly this way.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

A recent thread on this actually quotes the mag as saying they are appointed over all the Kings belongings when they are resurrected to heavenly life.

UNcanny Hamstersenses

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

In my SPOOF post of four years ago, all the elements mentioned have now been printed in the litterature.

Once 1914 is forgotten, they can then go about sweeping their embarrassing circumlocutions about the false date of 607, and claim this was only believed by those who did not understand the "evidence".

Then when "Gentile Times Reconsidered" comes up, none of the sheeples will have a clue what Johnsson is talking about.

"JW never said any such thing". (I have already heard old timers reinterpreting the 1975 propaganda)

The prelude to dropping the generation of 1914 is in the "Greatest Man" book chapter 111. it is a classic example of how the witchtower makes an apparently straight statement which means something else:

"In fact, the end will occur within the lifetime of the people who see the fulfillment of all the things Jesus foretells."

The ALL is what this turns on, as many of the parts of this discourse have now been shunted into the future. Talk about a long preparation- this was published in 1990!

Nathan Natas highlights the quote from the Proclaimers book. What is interesting her is that the Bible Students did not realise they had been living in the last days since 1914 for many more years - they still printed the Studies in the Scriptures that stated the Time of the End started in 1799.

HB

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Perhaps there will be an "overlapping" 1000 year reign that those alive in 2914 will be part of the generation that sees the end of the 1000 year reign in 3914 ..... or some other gobblety goop.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit