GB sidles out of 1919 and puts 1914 in the bin. (WT study.)!!

by hamsterbait 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Has anybody noticed in many recent Watchtowers that Christ is now said to have "turned his attention to the Earth in 1914."

Unlike the 60's they do not say Christ "came" in 1914. The "Proclaimers book " p137 says the Bible students came to discern that "Christ did not return, (even invisibly), in 1914."

The way is now paved. Just as in the recent Generation Change Witchtower they mention "THE CONTEXT" - which in that infamous rag, prompted them to the NOOLITE. (As if they had not already considered the context!!):

from "HAPPY IN LIFELONG SERVICE. "At my guard post I shall keep standing."(Habakkuk 2:1)

"Interpreting Jesus' words about the "slave" at Matthew 24:45-50 and Luke 12:42-46, some have concluded that the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" was appointed over all Christ's "belongings" in 1919. However, does a careful reading, in context, of these verses show this to be the case?

The "Master" is said to appoint the "slave" upon "arriving". (Matt. 24:46, 47) True, there are still those who think that Jesus came in kingly power during the fall of 1914. (Matt 24:42) They fail to understand that this is when he turned his attention to mankind's affairs, thus marking the start of his parousia or "presence". At that time he did not return to the vicinity of the Earth, even invisibly. (See "Jehovah's Witnesses - Proclaimers of God's Kingdom" p137, published by Jehovah's Witnesses) The "arrival" of the King, as shown in the parable of "sheep and goats", is yet future, with the outbreak of the "Great Tribulation". (Matt. 25: 31, 32) At that time, those who make up the "Faithful" Slave class have the prospect of being resurrected to heavenly life, to serve as Kings and Priests" with Christ. (Rev. 20:4b) They will indeed preside over all the earthly interests of Jehovah's Kingdom! (Matt 24: 47)

Before this happens, there would have to be an extensive period of time allowed for the "evil slave" class to reveal itself. (Matt. 24:48) Impatient ones may feel that the "Master is delaying," since upwards of ninety years have passed since the end of the "Gentile Times." They cease being in "expectation". Pursuing worldly education and careers, they involve themselves in all this dying system has to offer. (Luke 21:34) Why, some have even mocked Jehovah's faithful ones as cult dupes! ( Matt. 24:49; 2 Peter 3:3)

Such scoffers, sneer at the changes that come with ever brighter light. Yet, during this period, has it not become clear to honest-hearted ones just who is giving out "food at the proper time?" As dedicated servants of God may we never turn our back on the channel Jehovah uses to feed his people, his clean Earthly Organization. Remember Jesus' words at Matthew 24: 44: "at an hour you do not think to be it the Son of Man is coming."

Ain't noolite dazzling!!

HB

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

HB,

THIS IS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This article could be the catalyst for all of the disappointed old timers to take a step back and say, "Whoa....."

I was convinced, before I left the BORG in 1997, that there was a real feeling of discontent among those who had pinned their hopes on the BORG's explanation of the 1914 generation and who also lived through the 1975 debacle. Do you remember how the BORG always used to quote the scripture (Psalms or Proverbs???) that 'expectation postponed, makes the heart grow sick' ??? This is going to come back to bite them in the ass.

Thanks for the headsup on this WT article.

Cheers,

Alex

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Do you remember how the BORG always used to quote the scripture (Psalms or Proverbs???) that 'expectation postponed ,make the heart grow sick' ??? This is going to come back to bite them in the ass.

Yes, I do. I used it in the "ministry" quite frequently. Here it is from The Message Bible:

Proverbs 13:12 Unrelenting disappointment leaves you heartsick,
    but a sudden good break can turn life around.

Wonder how much the WT would give for a sudden good break about right now?

Sylvia

• blondie
    blondie

*** w04 3/1 p. 12 par. 18 A "Slave" Who Is Both Faithful and Discreet ***Yes, when the Master arrived, he found his faithful slave conscientiously feeding the domestics as well as preaching the good news. Greater responsibilities now awaited that slave. Jesus said: "Truly I say to you, He will appoint him over all his belongings." (Matthew 24:47) Jesus did this in 1919, after the slave had passed through a period of testing. Why, though, did "the faithful and discreet slave" receive greater responsibilities? Because the Master had received an increase in his belongings. Jesus was given the kingship in 1914.

*** w04 3/1 p. 17 par. 17 ‘The Faithful Slave’ Passes the Test! ***Harvesttime is a joyful time. (Psalm 126:6) It is fitting, then, that when in 1919, Jesus entrusted his faithful anointed brothers with increased responsibility, he said: "You were faithful over a few things. I will appoint you over many things. Enterintothejoyofyourmaster." (Matthew 25:21, 23) Moreover, the joy of the Master as newly enthroned King of God’s Kingdom surpasses our imagination. (Psalm 45:1, 2, 6, 7) The faithful slave class share that joy by representing the King and increasing his interests on earth. (2 Corinthians 5:20) Their delight is seen in the prophetic words of Isaiah 61:10: "Without fail I shall exult in Jehovah. My soul will be joyful in my God. For he has clothed me with the garments of salvation."

I would think that despite what older publications say, it is good to see what is more current. The WTS speaks out of both sides of their mouth.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Of course, the deliberate confusion and obfuscation about certain teachings, always seems to precede their either being "dumped" suddenly, or quietly never mentioned again.

The demand that the R&F report time TWICE a month was quietly forgotten. They never announced "from now on don't bother with your mid month report. (that would be to admit it was a disaster.)

Now that the R&F are thoroughly bemused about blood, there are two possibilities:

Drop it - in which case the gofors will be relieved - "I always thought it was too confusing for it to be right.". They can go silent after a tiny Question from readers, like they did over transplants. (Now people don't believe they were DF)

The generation was the same "which generation is it??? uh? what? all, some none? Oh great! we don't need to think about it - It just means the annointed will always be here. Aren't we a blessed people?

"Actually I never really thought it was quite right, somehow" - I have heard more than once in the last couple of weeks.

What the WT has published in older litterature is often used when it suits them - like the return to the 1927 doctrine on the Generation.

The ability NOT to remember what they read is uncanny.

HB

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

thanks for sharing that surprising and interesting info. I haven't read those rags in many many years so wasn't aware of how far they have gone to cover over what was once their core teaching. What a stupid religion, and I bet most people never understood any of it anyway. I wonder now if they are just in because they feel special and they don't want to die. Boggles the mind.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Seriously, I thought the quote between the quotation marks in your post was something you made up as a spoof on how they'd spin it. Is this really true?

If so, isn't this rather huge, as has been said above?

I'm just curious. The way the Watchtower distributes its 'new light', in this very out-of-sight way, never truly announcing it, but sneaking it in and saying "Some idiots people still think [or believe]", "There are those who believe", when "those" are in fact Witnesses, who are not allowed to think anything different than what they've been previously taught by the selfsame Watchtower! How can "these people" believe anything else, when they haven't been told what the new light is yet?? They spin it like it's now self evident that it's [this, that and the other] way, and that "some people" (which obviously has to refer to Witnesses, who else) erroneously still believe the "old light", but what else would they believe?? Seriously, you'd think some of the resident Messiah complex sufferers had written this.

This sneaking in of new doctrine after new doctrine - - - won't it over time (already, I suspect) create a system of chaos? How many Witnesses are actually up to date now on all these things?

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Just to be clear, which study magazine is this in - this month's?

• greendawn
    greendawn

That article is a classic piece of JW propaganda. It never ceases to amaze me how the FDS after stubbornly refusing for decades to see some obvious facts pointed out by others, (by JWs, who for doing this will not be JWs for long, as well as by non JWs) eventually gets the new light and accepts them. It is obviously an artificial situation.

Christ had always been invisibly present on earth and that's a basic christian understanding so what was this belief that he returned invisibly in 1914 after a nearly 1900 year absence?

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Ok, I AGREE THIS IS HUGE...now where exactly can I find it? Which issue? Thanks in advance...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit