GB sidles out of 1919 and puts 1914 in the bin. (WT study.)!!

by hamsterbait 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The July 2013 Study edition says that "For many years we taught that the Great Tribulation broke out in 1914"

This teaching has been largely forgotten or swept under the rug. Why mention it now? - unless they want to use it to put a new spin on 1914.

Since the GT did not begin in 1914 - they " THOUGHT " the outbreak of WW1 was the sign - it follows that it was not the sign for Christs second presence either, or the beginning of the separating work (the latter now future) when he sits down on his throne and judges the nations.

BIG noolite on 1914 is coming, and it depends on this old 1914 teaching.

HB

• wasblind
    wasblind

mark

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So the first post was a total spoof? I guess that is why you never gave a reference to an old WT article.

That quote about the GT starting 1914 is weird. When did they say that? As far as I know they used to teach that the END of the time of trouble, a.k.a the GT, was 1914, the start of Armageddon. That is very different from the GT STARTING in 1914.

I ask because if they never really taught what is stated, then what is said is a bold-faced lie.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    BIG noolite on 1914 is coming, and it depends on this old 1914 teaching.

I've been skeptical about them ever fiddling with 1914 or discarding it. Certainly their moving start of the FDS inspection time to 1914 seems to support the date even further. But the more I think of it, the more I realize that with each of the significant changes in recent years, there has probably been an article beforehand that dropped a subtle hint in advance and prepared the minds of the JW audience to accept the change in full.

But what could they possibly say further about 1914 at this point? Clearly what they've done with the July 15th, 2013 WT shifts a date backwards in time, but there's really not much more. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

--sd-7

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Every point in the spoof article I wrote, except for finally putting 1914 in the bin has been printed in recent Witchtower magazines.

(Hamstergod revealed it to me all those years back!! His merciful cheekpouches are limitless!!)

DataD: "From Paradise lost to Paradise regained" p. 197: "This Tribulation [...] began in AD 1914."

Even the doubters are now coming round to the possibility that 1914 is being readied for the toilet.

(Then they can dump all the PROVEN-to-be-crap about 607 they want the dubbies to swallow.) Believe me, the two 607 articles were just damage limitation until 1914 is laid to rest.

Notice too how resurrecting the 1927 teaching on "this generation" made possible the more recent "noolite"

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit