a couple of movies I don't get

by Hortensia 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

If I can't sleep all I have to do is try to watch a Lord of The Rings movie or a Matrix movie and....zzzzzzzzzzz.

I really liked Children of Men. Could someone tell me what the ending of No Country for Old Men meant?

Loved Signs

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I stop trying to "get" movies, wasted a lot of my life trying to "get" stories (bible). I just watch movies to entertain myself.

• RR
    RR

I don't get "Jehovah's Witnesses and the New World Society", it was scary though

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Natural Born Killers

• free2beme
    free2beme

Children of Men was a commentary on taking this life for granted as a species. What if we were simply put in to a position in which, through either our own means, or through natural means ... lost the ability to procreate. Something we take for granted as the constant, after all anyone can be a parent if they can have sex and in some cases without that with science involved. The movie was not wonderful, but it did have a message of "what if" in the human future to come. Despite all the advancements of science, knowledge and so on. If the ability to have kids ends, so do we!

The Village, I actually thought sucked! So I am right there with you. M. Night Shamalan (sp) did good movies with "Signs" and "The sixth sense" and sense then he has produced a lot of crap. The Lady in the Water would never have been made, by any means, if his name was not with it. It sucked! The Village only had one point I could draw from it, and that is that often we say that we were born in the wrong time and what if you could create that time again ....

From a Witness standpoint, it reminds me of the organization and demons. The demons are nothing more then what the Witness create with their own fears and the higher ups know it is a lie, but without it they fear that their people will be just like the others who they think are terrible.

• shell69
    shell69

I KNOW I'M GONNA GET SHOT FOR THIS.

My Hubby's favoutrite film of all time;

PULP FICTION

I just don't get it???

Shell

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

HOW CAN YOU NOT GET "THE VILLAGE." It's all about Jehovahs Witnesses.....a bunch of Elders use scare tactics to keep the village congregation away from the world.....a villager will die without medical treatment {HELLO!} ..one blind villager finds a "worldly guy" who gives her worldly medicine and isn't so "bad"......scared me out of the truth this movie.....5 stars!

Footnote: I HAVE JUMPED THE FENCE AND LEFT "THE VILLAGE" BEHIND ME FOREVER.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

It wasn't that I didn't get The Village. It was just stupid. The plot, screenplay, acting, and costumes were all embarrassing.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I am a girl and I lovedFightclub - I loved the twist in the end.

I did not much like the Matrix - I only saw the first one when it came out and I have to say at the time I didn't get the fuss, but maybe if I were to watch it again (with the whole red pill blue pill thing in mind) I would enjoy it more?

LOTR were great - I loved them and am glad glad I saw them because I dont know if I would have had the staying power to read the book - I am not a huge fan of fantasy.

I haven't seen The Village.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Shawn- the "Fight Club" that was advertised in previews LOOKED like the ultimate guy flick. The actual movie itself sucks hard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit