a couple of movies I don't get

by Hortensia 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I didn't "get" any of the Matrix movies, probably because I slept through all of them.

W

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

this thread has me laughing! I really like "The Sixth Sense;" I watch it every time it comes on television. I like the Harry Potter movies (now, Dorktacular, it's either Harry Potter or hairy Peter, not Harry Peter). I am looking forward to the new one. I didn't see Golden compass - but the book was good although it has a slow start.

I want to see the new Robert Downey Jr. film, sounds good - I like the superhero/wizard/magic crap. I loved Men in Black and Independence Day - such great films. Maybe not intellectually great, but visually very interesting and very funny. Plus I like films where things blow up. I don't like films where you see people killed in front of you, though.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Thin Red Line, too much blah blah blah, I usually love a good war movie but fell asleep during that one

• Open mind
    Open mind

The Village

The Matrix

Excellent for JW parallels, whether you like the movie or not.

Also, The Truman Show, could be added to that list.

If you haven't seen it, just know up front that even though it stars Jim Carrey, it's a drama. Two thumbs up, IMO.

OM

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I liked The Village - wasn't great, but I thought it was mildly entertaining. I like Children of Men a lot. I've always liked SF, especially dark, apocalyptical movies.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

looks like i gotta rent fight club....... so i can have an opinion lol.

• dinah
    dinah

I watched "Gone Baby Gone" this morning. It was disturbing. If you any of you have seen it, do you think the PI did the right thing? I didn't.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

yeah primitive genius i actually havent seen fight club in years... so maybe my opinion would be different now... i just know that it was completely different than what the previews portrayed it to be...

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

One of my favorite films is one that a lot of people don't get... Ok I take that back ALL of my favorite films are strange!

I'm thinking specificity of three of my faves 'the big blue' 'the right stuff' and 'dune'

Three strange classics!

(don't even get me started on 'army of darkness!')

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

This thread really got me thinking I've got so MANY good but weird movies!

Black Sheep (the dark comedy not the Farley)
    Pans Labyrinth
    Sweeney Todd (I've still not 100% decided if I like this one or not)
    Lady in the water was good
    Yellowbeard
    hot fuzz
    Shaun of the dead
    Kung Foo hustle
    Without a clue
    Time Bandits
    Adventures of baron Muchousen (sp)
    Kentucky fried movie!

The FIRST matrix was good... The other two were... Pretty gay! I never got into tarantino. I know he's supposed to be all that but he just seems like a violence crazed dick to me. Same with fight club, I just don't see it... No country for old men was odd but I enjoyed it. I don't know that I LIKED it but I don't feel that I wasted my time watching it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit