My tomb stone

by mouthy 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• changeling
    changeling

I think that getting one's affairs in order and making sure things are done to your liking is an admirable thing.

May you have no use for that stone for many, many years,

changeling :)

• mouthy
    mouthy

May you have no use for that stone for many, many years,

Changling!!!!That is a naughty girl.... I want to go.... If Christians believe in a "BETTER" place why not want to go there? ( I cant remember if your a Christian or not love) But if your not I understand & say thanks for your kind thought.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Bringing In the Sheaves based on Psalm 126:

Sowing in the morning, sowing seeds of kindness,
    Sowing in the noontide and the dewy eve;
    Waiting for the harvest, and the time of reaping,
    We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.

Refrain

Bringing in the sheaves, bringing in the sheaves,
    We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves,
    Bringing in the sheaves, bringing in the sheaves,
    We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves,

Sowing in the sunshine, sowing in the shadows,
    Fearing neither clouds nor winter’s chilling breeze;
    By and by the harvest, and the labor ended,

Refrain

Going forth with weeping, sowing for the Master,
    Though the loss sustained our spirit often grieves;
    When our weeping’s over, He will bid us welcome,

Refrain

• Sirona
    Sirona

Your stone sounds lovely, Grace.

Hugs

Sirona

• Scully
    Scully

Grace,

I guess I had better get my fanny down to visit you. I don't want to "meet" you for the first time after you've started using your headstone!

By the way, are you feeling a little down with your 81st birthday coming 'round in a couple of weeks?

Love, Scully

• Scully
    Scully

snowbird

The only rendition of that song I've ever heard that has totally stuck in my brain is the one sung by Rod and Todd Flanders on The Simpsons.

• chickpea
    chickpea

"death hangs over thee. while thou still live, while thou may.... do good." marcus aurelius

seems to me, that you figured that one out quite a while back.....

godspeed you and prosper your journey

c/p

• Renegade
    Renegade

NOOOOOO! Grandma!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Granny Grace, I love you and when it is your time to go, you are ready. Stay feisty, and when you are gone, we will know you lived well and made your peace with the world. Which is more than most can say!

I'm not gonna make any pronouncements about your longevity. You have put in your time and get to retire when you want to! Since we need you, we don't want it to be a minute sooner than is necessary, thats all-no one wishes you to live a life that is hard to endure.

When you do go, if all is as you think, and God is there and all-ask him to take mercy on us:) I'm kind of hoping he has been misquoted some:)

Love,
    Shelly

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Granny Grace I haven't had a chance to meet you yet, so you aren't allowed to go and live under a tomestone yet.

You are NOT useless, I love to chat with you and hear your thoughts and experiences, you make me laugh and you are just a wonderful contribution to this world.

Just the fact that you were so thoughtful as to take care of your arrangements for your demise so your family doesn't have to make those decisions,, shows what a lovely person you are.

Is your birthday coming Up???? Let me know when. I also am going to go get a card for Ray tomorrow and send it to him. Isn't his birthday on Thursday. He won't know who I am but anyone that has contributed as much as he has to us deserves a ton of good wishes from everyone he has helped or known.

HUGS from Velvetann

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit