My tomb stone

by mouthy 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• nowisee
    nowisee

you must have been there when i first posted, when i first came on jwd. i saw this sassy old lady with a great sense of humor. then i found out little by little what you did to help all of those coming out of wbts. mouthy/grace,,,, you have been just great. i know well the feeling of wanting to leave this vail of tears, but, you know, it doesn't always happen according to OUR timing, but of someone else's. please just know how much you are loved while you are here....how much you have added to the sense of all of us....and i am sure just how much you have given all the athiests here pause. we love you. we love you. we love you. best wishes, nowisee

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Happy haunting, Grace!

Now don't be too eager to cross to the other side. Those who do never return!
    Maybe because the liquor is better there...

Omar Khayyam summed up what I'd like pretty well:

Ah, with the Grape my fading Life provide,
    And wash the Body whence the Life has died,
    And lay me, shrouded in the living Leaf,
    By some not unfrequented Garden-side.

That ev'n my buried Ashes such a snare
    Of Vintage shall fling up into the Air
    As not a True-believer passing by
    But shall be overtaken unaware.

• BFD
    BFD

What nowisee said.

BFD

• mouthy
    mouthy

If you are being cremated, why do you have a headstone? Will they bury your ashes?

If your buried you have a stand up tomb stone -if cremated it is a flat stone laying on the ground. They put the ashes in it under the stone, next to my plot is my Hubby & my son,( your allowed two in a plot) next to that is my daughter Melanie, but I dont know anyone who would like to go in with me. LOL I have told my grandkids to remember they can be buried with me for free...... They laughed. ( they both posted on this board a year ago , under Mouthys grand-daughter # 1 & # 2 ) they are only 21 yrs old twins. I really like the poems you posted above ...very interesting!!!!

• Highlander
    Highlander
    Every one who REALLY knows me say I will live to over 95..( ornery old brod)..

That's what we love about ya.

btw, I washed my mouth out, but I stand by what I said. You're not leaving us anytime soon.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

OH "AINT" that nice ((((HUGS))) I'll come back & haunt you all

When that happens, and I pray it's not for a looooooonnnnngggg time, will you please haunt warlock first??

Slam his doors....and windows......and whisper things!!

He's already "nutz".........

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I would not want you to think I do not care, i certainly do. I have not had to deal with a lot of it and find this a disturbing

subject for me i am afraid. I to want to have things in order, however I can not dwell on the thoughts of losing anyone I care about!

Sorry Grace this brings me to tears!

Love,

hope4others

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

To quote Rosster Cogburn....It's ok to know where you are going to spend eternity, as long as you don't move in too soon!

• snowbird
    snowbird

You are an inspiration, Grace.

The entire 126th Psalm from The Message Bible:

Psalm 126
    A Pilgrim Song

1 -3 It seemed like a dream, too good to be true, when God returned Zion's exiles.
    We laughed, we sang,
    we couldn't believe our good fortune.
    We were the talk of the nations—
    " God was wonderful to them!"
    God was wonderful to us;
    we are one happy people.

4 -6 And now, God , do it again—
    bring rains to our drought-stricken lives
    So those who planted their crops in despair
    will shout hurrahs at the harvest,
    So those who went off with heavy hearts
    will come home laughing, with armloads of blessing.

Amen.

Sylvia

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes Sylvia I really love that scripture .....When the captives were set free.We were caught in a concept...((((HUGS)))) Thanks

Mine says "Those who sow in tears
    Will reap with a Joyful cry
    Carrying their sheaves with them"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit