Nobody is talking about the Generation change!!

by hamsterbait 26 Replies latest jw friends

• BFD
    BFD

HB, they don't get it. I asked my JW to expalin the new generation teaching. She couldn't cause she "does not have a clear understanding of it". This is a big one. Call me Johnny Apple seed.!

BFD

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    People don't seem to "talk about the truth" at gatherings anymore.

No, they really don't. A few talk the doctrine in field circus, but mostly,
    they don't understand the doctrine or they get enough of that at the meetings.

No point in intruding on their time away.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Could it be that they don't want to acknowledge a creeping disernment that they have been strung along, and so the Gibbering Buddy can no more be trusted on this claim than all the other failures, or is it that they are afraid of being called apostos?

I think its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Hamsterbait,

No one talks JW doctrine during social gatherings - the best I have seen them do is speculate about the New System or the King of the North.

Did you ever talk about what you learnt during history lessons with your friends after class? No one cares, it's just something to get through.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Well, I can't understand what the heck the change is and probably they don't either. Maybe that is going to be the new trend: make the doctrines so vague and hard to grasp that they don't have to be constantly changed since no understands them anyway.

• sspo
    sspo

They are too afraid mentioning any of the changes that "MOTHER" makes.

They cannot talk with excitement about it because most of the witnesses are not. They cannot question it otherwise they might be viewed with a critical eye.

As one said, The society kicks in the balls and you're supposed to smile and just say "what a loving provision from Jehovah"

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

It has been mentioned here before. I can't remember which group of you did it and I apologize, since I would love to cite your comments. What I mean is that the witlesses are so used to having the cult leaders dole out their food at the proper time that they just accept it as it is with no question. Most of the poor lemmings probably don't even remember the generation thing because they keep switching so much it is easier to just go along and be lazy followers who will have their thinking done for them by evil old molestors in Brooklyn and die unaware of their mistake until they face the Lord and say, "But Lord, didn't we profesy in the name of your governing body?"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Maybe the witlesses are used to just accepting anything the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger tells them and then forgetting what they said before. Meaning it's as if it always was that way. Plus, they are told not to speculate because it might lead to thinking and then realizing it's all hogwash.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Nobody talks doctrine anymore in JW-land. I think that from the Gibbering Buddy on down, JW's just want the goddam end to come already. And until then, they're satisifed with the

meat candy in due season that they've been getting since Freddie died.

• done4good
    done4good

Most curent JWs are too apathetic anymore to bat an eye over this...

The WTBTS has created a mindset within its members, (either purposely or not), that keeps the rank and file from caring, (and questioning), things anymore. People that do question things, eventually leave.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit