This is how JW's view the change in the book study

by TooBad TooSad 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I thought it was because of the gas prices

nj

• monophonic
    monophonic

it's all spin, and the wtbts can sit and spin and the drones eat it up.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They are not all supportive ...The ones in my family think that the G B have lost their marbles, or that Satan has infitrated again, "Like he did the 80's with your friend Ray Franz!"

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

sheeet, and I coulda sworn the end was right around the corner when they stopped serving tea and coffee at the assemblies.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Most religious organizations have produced bad fruitage. It is not the fact that groups are organized that is bad. But many have promoted forms of worship that are based on false teachings and are largely ritualistic instead of providing genuine spiritual guidance; they have been misused to control the lives of people for selfish objectives; they have been overly concerned with money collections and ornate houses of worship instead of spiritual values; their members are often hypocritical. Obviously no one who loves righteousness would want to belong to such an organization. But true religion is a refreshing contrast to all of that. Nevertheless, to fulfill the Bible’s requirements, it must be organized.

Heb. 10:24, 25: "Let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you behold the day drawing near." (To carry out this Scriptural command, there must be Christian meetings that we can attend on a consistent basis. Such an arrangement encourages us to express love toward others, not only concern about self.)

Who would have thought it would be so much fun to quote scripture to jaydubeeyas.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

It Promotes Uuuniteeeeee

If an upset person does not work at controlling his emotions and making peace with his brother, a grudge could develop. There have been cases when a Witness asked not to be assigned to a certain Congregation Book Study because he did "not care for" some Christian or family attending there. How sad! The Bible says it would be a defeat for Christians to take one another to worldly courts, but would it not be equally a defeat if we avoided a brother over a past slight to us or to some relative? Do our emotions reveal that we put blood relationships ahead of peace with our brothers and sisters? Do we say that we would be willing to die for our sister, but our emotions so move us that we hardly speak with her now? (Compare John 15:13.) God tells us pointedly: "Return evil for evil to no one. . . . If possible, as far as it depends upon you, be peaceable with all men. Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath."—Romans 12:17-19; 1 Corinthians 6:7.

I always wanted to go to the cool book study !

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

My moms dad (elder) told her "the society is doing this to prepare for the end" and she said "they are preparing for the end all right just not the right end!"

• asilentone
    asilentone

mkr, yeah right, that is what they think.

• freetosee
    freetosee
    They are not all supportive ...The ones in my family think that the G B have lost their marbles, or that Satan has infitrated again, "Like he did the 80's with your friend Ray Franz!"

I wonder how many more thibnk that way..

"your friend Ray Franz"...lol

• Namaste
    Namaste
    All hail Jehovah, the god of fractions!

Hahaha...almost lost my cheerios on that one!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit