This is how JW's view the change in the book study

by TooBad TooSad 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

A very good friend of mine is convinced that the change in the book study arrangement

is a sign that the end is so near and the Jehovah made the change to emphasize the

importance of the meetings. His reasoning is that after 1/1/09, if you miss one of

the meetings you now miss half of the meetings for the week!!! Before you could miss

one and still have 2 more meetings to go to but not now.

We certainly must be in the last minutes of the last hours of the last weeks of the last days.

TooBad TooSad

• asilentone
  • minimus
    minimus

.....like Jehovah has anything to do with this.

• Gill
    Gill

They always have some bizarre twist on everything the WT does to 'economize' so that each member of the Goobering Boobies will have sufficient funds int he future to fund their own tropical island paradise!

But what happened to the 'group study' being the most important study because it was the only one that would be left when governments shut down the Kingdom Halls?

They seemed to have 'conveniently' forgotten that!

• loosie
    loosie

Every change is a sign that they are closer to armageddon. I got so tired of living for the future. I started living for the present and I am much happier.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A very good friend of mine is convinced that the change in the book study arrangement

is a sign that the end is so near...

The European Union is a sign that the end is near.

The high price of gasoline in the United States and the weak dollar is a sign that the end is near.

Tornadoes, hurricanes, tsunamis, etc. are a sign that the end is near.

Meeting attendence up, meeting attendence down, more meetings, less meetings- a sign that the end is near.

New light- a sign that the end is near.

A black man and a woman running for president of the U.S.A.- a sign that the end is near.

United States at war in the region of the promised land, twice now- a sign that the end is near.

I could do this all day.

• asilentone
  • Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

You mean it's not the price of gas ?

Oh wait a minute Satan is the reason for the rising price of gas,

this is the sign of the times, now it all comes together.......I'm such a dullered

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

His reasoning is that after 1/1/09, if you miss one of the meetings you now miss half of the meetings for the week!!!

Before you could miss one and still have 2 more meetings to go to but not now.

-They should start meeting once a year then. If you miss that meeting, why you'll miss 100% of the meetings that year!

• still_in74
    still_in74

The European Union is a sign that the end is near.

The high price of gasoline in the United States and the weak dollar is a sign that the end is near.

Tornadoes, hurricanes, tsunamis, etc. are a sign that the end is near.

Meeting attendence up, meeting attendence down, more meetings, less meetings- a sign that the end is near.

New light- a sign that the end is near.

A black man and a woman running for president of the U.S.A.- a sign that the end is near.

United States at war in the region of the promised land, twice now- a sign that the end is near.

i got an email about a "famine" in egypt and how they are running out of food. the Subject was "do not harm the oil and the wine - pale horse continues his gallop Sign of the times" something to that effect.

I said go figure they are having a hard time growing food in the desert. Didnt they have a major famine there 4000 years ago? isnt that why the isrealites ended up there to begin with???? I guess it was a sign of the times back then too?

My favorite is how the end is near because of the weather. "This is the warmest winter since 1944 ! Sign of the times!" well wait a sec. - did you not just say we had a winter this warm in 1944 then? why is this a sign now and not then?

sheesh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit