Im a newbie

by jetery 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• jetery
    jetery

tell u a little about myself. baptized at 15 because forced into it. i left the jw 2 years ago. i should have left a long time ago. my dad was such a tyrant but yet he was a "fine elder". he abused my mom so much both physically and mentally until she was reduced to a shell. i remember one time he was doing mechanic work and she got him the wrong tool and he threw it at her head. if she wouldnt have ducked he would have killed her. we told the elders u think that did anything? they just covered it up and acted like nothing happened. she was always made out to look like the bad guy. well he died and she ended up marrying her old child hood sweetheart whom treated her like a princess. the witnesses all shunned her and barely associated with her. the elder made an announcement about marrying "worldly" associates and everyone knew it was her. they all but named her. he was more of a father to me than my own flesh and blood father. i loved him more than my own father. the jw wore her down and only had anything to do with her when they wanted free vegetablew/fruits being that he was a farmer.

she died 2 years ago and my stepfather happened to bury her the same day the circuit assembly was going on. guess which services the jw decided to attend? u guessed it the CA. u could count on your hands the number of jw that attended. we couldnt even find an elder to perform her services until my stepfather threatened to get someone from his church. some of the elders and jw went to my stepfather and boldly told him they would not be attending the funeral because of th CA. well that sealed the deal for me. these were people that was suppose to be her friends. my ex-husband left me and of course they told me i wasnt free to remarry. he left me i didnt leave him. i came home one day and he took everything and i never heard from him again. they told me i could legally separate but couldnt remarry. i had people on the outside tell me him was committing adultery but because they were worldly they were not credible witnesses. we went thru hell me and my mom. we were pionerrind and doing all the right things yet we never was acknowledged for it. sometimes it was as if we didnt exist. before she died my mom stopped attending meetings al together. i developed a relationship with my childhood friend and of course was disfellowshipped for it and out of it i have a beautiful baby boy which i dont regret having. they hunted me down like an animal going to my neighbors house asking them if it was true i had a boyfriend and was pregnant. my neighbor whom i graduated with told them it was none of their business what i did and that he didnt know. well of course he did. then went they couldnt find me at home they called my job. i told them that i hadnt been at a meeting in almost year and i wasnt professing to be a jw, why were they hounding me? well i told them to do what they wanted i wasnt going to contest it anyone. so thats my life story. i just wasnt happy anyone more, i was depressed all the time and i felt my life was not going anywhere. i am so glad this website exists. it helps alot.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Welcome to JWD jetery!

Wow. That's quite an experience. So sorry to hear about your Mum, wonderful witness they gave your Stepfather eh? I'm glad you pulled through it all, got yourself out and found your way here. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}

*Edited to add*

It will get better, I promise. At least your son won't ever have to go through what you did.

• ibme
    ibme

Welcome

Enjoy your stay.

• LunaFing
    LunaFing

Welcome! I'm a newbie as well. This site is one of the best things I've found since leaving the JW's. I've been out 10 years. Hope to see more posts from you!

• jetery
    jetery

i like it. i wish i had the internet at home so i have to post at work or whenever i can. but i will be getting the internet monday. the website has me wanting to post all the time.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I'm sorry for the loss of your mom, thanks for your story.

they hunted me down like an animal going to my neighbors house asking

I do not understand why they do this, after a prolonged length of time like this.

Cheers!

hope4others

• ataloa
    ataloa

Hi Jetery,

I'm new too, but welcome.

wonderful witness they gave your Stepfather eh?

Yes, what a witness they gave to the community and god,himself. Things like this show them up for what they are "having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power". I was taught that we were family, brothers and sisters. I cannot imagine going to a meeting instead of my own sister's funeral, even one I did not like. Some of us are never accepted or counted as valuable. It is a shame.

I am so happy to hear that your mom had a nice life though with her sweetheart. Things will get better.

• free2think
    free2think

Welcome to JWD Jetery, and thank you for sharing your story.

Wow. Im sorry for how badly both you and your mum were treated that is disgusting.

Im so glad you are happy now with someone who loves you and you have your beautiful baby daughter.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

WELCOME JETERY!!!

So glad you found this site. After what you have been through this Group will be so good for you. I am so sorry to hear what happened with your Mom. Its so typical of the JW's. Funerals seem to be where they really show their lack of love and caring. Not that they ever care about the average publisher anyway as seen by your experience.

I hope you are happy now and that you have finally rid yourself of fear and guilt. Enjoy your new life and new baby boy

Looking forward to getting to know more about you. Hope your new internet connection is successful.

Velvetann

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Welcome to JWD! This place was a godsend to me too. And yes, it gets addictive!

I'm sorry for the way you were treated. I'm glad you and your mom were able to have some peace and love with your stepfather.

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit