Im a newbie

by jetery 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

Very moving story. Thanks for sharing.

My wife had a very abusive (mainly mentally and verbally sometimes borderline physical) step-father. He was also a very fine, spirit-appointed elder. Yeah, right. Well, he was an elder. She also attempted to confide in an elder friend. She was told that he couldn't do anything about it since he was the head of the family. Huh!? Still she soldiered on for many years as a good pioneer and perfect JW. Nevermind the psychological scars, just go out in service more and make all the meetings and that pesky depression will evaporate like the shallow attack from Satan that it is.

Welcome aboard. There is real discussion here. No paragraphs to parrot or party line to follow for fear of repercussions. (well, maybe if you start a political thread!)

--Not Buying It.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to JWD jetery So glad your free & Happy.Sad about your MUM. But in my humble opinion, she has no pain,no tears, no suffering now, in the place she THOUGHT would be here on earth.But it is a Paradise I am sure ......

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Hi Jetery Honey,

Welcome! So sorry for what you have been through, but it gets better

I promise. You now are free to live your life and have no one to make

decisions that you can make better for yourself.

Here you will find new friends, moms, dads and grammas.

Love and hugs,

Velta

www.geocities.com/veliveleth

• llbh
    llbh

Welcome to JWD enjoy your stay here we are a divergent bunch.

You can find answers to almost any question you may have all you have to do is ask

Regards

David

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome Jetery!

I am very sorry for your mother and the life you had to live.

It is amazing how cold the witnesses can be even when they are supposedly taught to be loving.

Pretty ironic isn't it.

Again, welcome.

Have fun!

Quirky1

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Welcome Jetery. I am looking forward to hearing more from you.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Hi jetery. Sorry to read of you and your Mum's tough experiences. All the best for you and your boy!

• boyzone
    boyzone

HI Jetery and welcome, I'm a newbie too and am also really glad to have found this site. the peeps here have a wealth of experience and information we can all benefit from,

take care hun and all the best

• sparrow
    sparrow

sad to hear about your mum but congrats on getting out. This story is all too common amongst "god's spirit directed organisation" (insert gagging sound here) It's all good from here on though...

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

sjoe - so many new people coming into JWD - Welcome to you - hope you have many days of posting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit