Will Women Eventually Start Being Used As Servants?

by White Dove 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• White Dove
    White Dove

As the men in the congregations suffer from burnout and quit helping out as MS and Elders, do you think the situation of shrinkage will become so desperate that the WTS will be forced to start using women in positions of authority? They have a huge commodity that they are refusing to use. That makes no sense at all.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Never as a permanent replacement. Even if that replacement with a penis never comes the sisters will be treated as only temporary.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

It does seem the logical solution.

This was a contention of mine while I was still. At the time I was running a very profitable million dollar business but was not deemed worthy or competent enough to show a ministerial servant how to get a subtotal on *my* calculator.

Is there really a good reason why a woman could not assist behind the literature counter? Or run microphones up and down the isle? And the sound board - well, I had a broadcast license and worked at a couple radio stations - also no female is qualified to touch.

There are so many things that women could be used for in the congregation but before that happens, there will need to be serious re-wiring of the JW Male Mind.

Then again, desperate times could lead to desperate measures.

-Aude.

• Open mind
    Open mind
    situation of shrinkage will become so desperate

I love this choice of words.

OM

• dinah
    dinah

They will need more doilies.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Perhaps... but they will probably come up with a quasi-Biblical term or a prophetic parallel to describe them...

i.e.

There were "women who were ministering to Jesus" so today they can be called "women who minister"

Bible mentions "the bride of Christ" so if Christ had a bride, so women can help out in the cong today, "ministerial bridesmaids"

How about the parable of the "5 discreet virgins" so unmarried women who serve can be called "ministerial discreet virgins"

And Paul mentions that there is not "male or female" among Christ's slaves, so they can be called "ministerial slaves".

And in the context of elders and servants, Paul mentions "older women" and "younger women". So the older women can be called "elderettes", and the younger can be called "single and spiritually sexy".

Just IMHO..

A@G

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

I don't think that will ever happen! They'd have to rewrite their Bible first, and have some serious new light in their publications! Then someone here could make yet another flip-flop thread/video/article.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

The only way the society will survive is if it goes more mainstream, otherwise it will eventually die out.

So yes, eventually they will give up the sexist thing.

It's going to be a long while though.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Hey, don't get any big ideas, you rib-derived, fruit-eatin', saved-'cause-of-childbirth, afterthought of creation! Know your place!

j/k

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm surprised they let females sit in the front seats of cars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit