Renegade Mormons - Abuse of Children- Broken Bones -Many Girls Pregnant

by flipper 86 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• flipper
    flipper

Enough is enough already. How long will religions claiming to worship God - tolerate the abuse of children , and try to hide it ? Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons - My wife and I discussed it and I'm starting to feel that there is something about the stunted views of religions about sex in general that creates these monsters of sexual child abuse ! Do we not just hear about the non-religious child abusers ? Or do all religions have a lock on creating environments which allow pervism and pedophilia to proliferate ?

In the news today - new allegations that , " at least 41 children taken from the polygamist compound in West Texas had suffered bone fractures, some of them multiple times , suggesting a pattern of child abuse. " The investigators are being hampered by a lack of cooperation from both children and adults at the compound. Parents are coaching children not to answer questions and children , ( some even breast feeding infants ) , were switched around to different mothers in a coordinated effort to deceive authorities.

On top of this, the state has said that nearly , " 60 percent of the 14 to 17 year old girls are pregnant or already have children. Many refused to take pregnancy tests. " Church officials have denied any children were abused and say the state's actions are a form of religious persecution.

What a bunch of bull$hit. I'd say the parents methods of raising these children incorrectly is a form of " religious persecution. " ! I have had it up to my ears with religion's justifying abusive conduct - then passing it off as persecution when someone criticizes their child abuse , sexually or otherwise ! I hope the whole lot of parents who have allowed their teenage daughters to get pregnant by 50 year old pervs get their a$$e$ thrown in prison for contributing to the delinquency of minors - and get their damned parent cards thrown away in the process ! I'm really simmering hotly on this issue ! How do you all feel ? Look forward to your views ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

For the first few weeks after news of the FLDS kids being taken away from their parents, I felt a certian unexplainable anxiety. Now I realize it is because many traits are shared by this cult and the cult of jws. It is horrifying to hear about the abuse these kids suffered, but what I've been saying all along is "God bless Texas" for bringing this evil to light. The childish games that these cult members are playing will soon be diminshed throught the use of DNA testing and long term counseling for the victims. I have a ferverent hope that this is just the beginning of the course of destruction for cults like this. Someday, maybe jws will be throroughly investigated when they refuse a blood transfusion for a child. I've always wondered why they haven't been all along. If somebody is crazy enough to risk their kid's life by denying a blood transfusion, they're crazy enough to abuse their kids in other ways. That has already been proven by the thousands of adults who were victims of child sex abuse within the organization who came forward on the silentlambs website. Just as the FLDS parents knew of their children being molested and otherwise abused, so many jws knew about the victimization of their own kids and covered it up right along with the evil WTB&TS. These zealots are creating self fulfilling prophesy; they do crazy, abusive things to bring "persecution" upon themselves by the government. I say, "YEAH!"

• flipper
    flipper

JAMIEBOWERS- I totally agree with everything you say. It is dangerous cults like the Mormons, JW's , or others who allow child abuse to go on unrestrained who are the real danger. You are right - so many excuses are made to justify pedophilia in the name of being " persecuted" by the authorities. . It's really just a veneer for , " leave us alone , we want the freedom to abuse our kids in privacy ! " These people truly are sick and twisted ! The proof is in the pudding so to speak that their have been cover ups for years - but none of these cults will admit it , because they are more concerned about people's outward opinions of them - than actually saving the children

• kwr
    kwr

I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket. CPS is known for out right lying when it comes to child abuse.

• undercover
    undercover

I think Texas officials need to be careful how they handle this. Yes, the FLDS is a cult and yes some members abuse children and the abusers should be rounded up and dealt with. But in their attempts to bring to justice some people, they're rounding up a whole town of people. If the officials go too far, they could face some constitutional issues that could cause their cases to be overturned in favor of religious freedom. Maybe not the most damning of charges, but a lot of the lesser charges that are bound to stem from this raid. But rounding up a whole community of people and seperating children from their mothers...I just don't know how to feel about that yet.

Let's face it...some people want to be FLDS. Some people want to be mainstream Mormons. Some people want to be JWs. And in the USA, one does have the freedom of religion. They have the right to follow the religion of their choice, no matter how stupid it may seem to someone who doesn't need a belief system.

The paradox occurs when you have people who use the religion as a cover to commit crimes or abuse others. How do you clean out the criminals without arresting all the adherents of a strange religion that shuns the rest of the world?

On the other hand, having escaped the Watchtower cult, I know that a lot of these people have never had a choice in whether they want to be part of that faith or not. If they were raised in it, they know nothing else. Maybe once they taste the outside world and freedom, they'll want to be part of mainstream society. And to accomplish that you have to use drastic measures.

Whatever the case, this is not a open and shut case of child abuse or polygamy. This could get ugly and turn into another debacle like the Branch Davidian mess. Maybe not with a physical fire, but with the same aftermath of problems for the goverment who may use un-constitional measures to meet their goals.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I agree with the Flippers. If you found any group of people who just lived in the same neighborhood following the same pattern, polygamy with children, abuse, etc., and removed religion from the discussion, everyone would decry the abuse. But because it is a 'religious' we are supposed to look the other way. That IS perverted, and an absolute perversion of the constitutional right to freedom of religion in our country.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I feel the same way you do. Neglect and abuse hide behind religion and there is NO excuse for it. Someone has to protect the children when adults give them up for older men to play with sexually. Yes, parental cards need to be revoked at that point.

If god is so great, then he'll protect the children when they're off the compound and the wackjob mothers shouldn't have anything to worry about.

As for the broken bones--that made me feel even more anger at the fact that these people (non cult ppl, too, really) just reproduce and then don't give a fug about another person's life who cannot take care of themself. My broken arm from 2 1/2 months ago is still messed up!

Religion free is the way to be.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

While I agree Mr Flipper that abuse under the guise of religion is repulsive - there are lot of allegations being made right now that are not proven nor has anyone been charged. One of the lawyers who is representing 2 of the kids, including a 2 year old little girl, made it quite clear on televison news, that they - the lawyers - are not being given information from CPS, and she went so far to say that CPS is leaking all this stuff to the media in order to build up their case publicly. This same lawyer had said prior to this, that she, and most others, felt that it was imperative for the health of the children, to keep the little kids with their siblings for their emotional well being. Now - many of the lawyers don't have a clue where their clients are, some haven't seen their clients yet and CPS is handing out memo's to the media instead of calling up the lawyers involved first.

The man whose face and name they plastered all over the television as a child sex fiend has never been charged and they haven't even picked him up for questioning. Why is that? It makes me sick when I hear the constant media play on the fact that the kids have never eaten processed food and so got sick..big deal! So they haven't used a crayon - big deal! So they dress differently, the women don't wear makeup and talk subdued - big deal! Thats just blowing smoke -

When I first began watching the coverage, all the focus was on the alleged young girls and sex with old men. At that time I began wondering why all the little boys were being held instead of being returned to their mothers. My questions were answered when one doctor came on television and said that after examination, the little boys were very healthy and adjusted. This was contrary to the psychiatrist who looking for his 5 minutes of fame, sat in his interview and said that the reason they were not returning the boys, was because they 'might' grow up to be perpetrators, doing the same thing as their fathers. Once that statement was made, I figured it was only a matter of time before they figured out a way to justify it some other way, since if you say someone 'might' grow up to do something, then we have to start raiding the Catholic seminaries and JW Kingdom Halls as wells.

I want the facts. I am not sympathetic with the FLDS lifestyle and If there is abuse, I want to see charges and punishment. I want the people inside to get help with the conflict they have living with the real world - but at this point I'm not willing to say that some of what I'm hearing in the media isn't spin. I think there is a lot more going on underneath that we aren't even hearing about so I'm waiting for all the players to put their cards on the table for all of us to see. sammieswife.

• Gill
    Gill

Totally disgraceful!

Religion and being 'religious' is just a disguise for too many people, that puts them in positions of power that allow them to abuse others.

It's about time that people who claimed 'an imaginary spirit friend' were made to be seen for what they are......Fruit Cakes; some of them harmless but too many of them dangerous.

Blair and Bush, both claimed to be God's bosom buddy and look where they took the world.

I'm sick of hearing of young girls being abused by fools who should be put to sleep!

When will this nightmare ever end and when will their stupid mothers stand up and protect their daughters.

Being a woman, I hate to say this, but too many of my 'sisters' lack any grey matter, critical thinking and even back bone!

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Someone has to protect the children when adults give them up for older men to play with sexually. Yes, parental cards need to be revoked at that point.

There are approximately 20,000 (twenty thousand!) girls under the age of 14 who get pregnant each year. There are 5x as many as that aged 15. Many of these kids live in poverty or poorer conditions, many from families on social assistance and many that are from single parent households. In some counties I have no doubt that a parent thinks its perfectly normal for their girls to get hitched and married by 16 - not too many peeps out of the public at large. I can name a number of people that I know got pregnant or married at or before 16...only one guy was forced to marry the girl - she was 15 - they divorced after 3 kids and their eldest daughter in turn got pregnant by 15 and with a guy 45 years old. sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit