Without God - Questions?

by Blueblades 53 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I think the Wac tower society is kind of like AA.

When you go to AA for any length of time, it fecks up your drinking.

When you serve as a volunteer salesman for the tower and attend all the sales meetings and mind control sessions and indoctrinations, they show you what is wrong with every other religion in the world and why not to believe any way other than the towers.

So after a while when you finnaly make it to Oz and look behind the curtain and see the wizard is just a man, you have no place left to go, nothing to turn to, nothing to believe in but yourself.

Yourself, whom the Wactower told you not to trust and believe in for many many years.

Without God, what is left of morality? Morality is a system of ideas of right and wrong conduct. There will be laws with or without God. The man with the money hires thugs to enforce his wants and wishes.

Without God, what purpose is there in man's life? What ever purpose you give it. What do you want from life. A mate, children, a home. A car, television, a job.

If we do not believe in God, how can we be certain of anything? You have to live one day at a time. You only have today, Yesterdays gone and tomorrows not guaranteed. Having said that you can bet on death and taxes.

If God does not exist, whom can we turn to in a time of crises? The Red Cross, Tripple A, AA. Am Scott.

If there is no afterlife, who will reward virtue and punish injustice? In Florida, they call them Sheriffs and Judges.

If God does not exist, what becomes of the worth and dignity of each person? If he exist what becomes of the worth and dignity of each person. The bible says God is not a respector of persons.

Without God , how can man achieve happiness? Thats an inside job. Some are better at it than others.

Some people say they are as happy as they make their mind up to be.

I know the answers to these type of questions, do you?

Blueblades

• bobld
    bobld

Without God-Questions?

My life is perfect without God.I live a good life and have not hurt anyone.When I die I'am dust,end of story.

Bob

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

alt

Hmmm, popular motif!

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light
    It missed that God sent latter-day saints to North America. Who wrote the book of Mormon? surely not a man! Impossible! How would man even know North America is here after all!

It missed that God had another prophet named Mohammed. Who wrote the Koran? surely not man! Impossible! How could a man write the Koran? Especially with all the crazy language and right to left orientation of text. Nuts, no man could ever master that!
    It failed to predict this astonishingly witty yet mocking post! Who wrote this post? surely not a man! how could a man's logic be so stinging?

The name Joseph Smith is not found in the Holy Bible, The Word of God. The name Muhammad is not found in the Holy Bible, The Word of God. The holy bible provides cross references many years apart and many of the actuall locations written in the bible are true.......The laws of Moses are found in the hebrew scriptures, the two tribes migrated from the east are which of the twelve tribes? All peoples, nations, and tongues originated in the garden of eden.

Why is it necessary to predict what you wrote? You are not a prophet are you?

*sigh* Why yes, I am a prophet. Jehovah came to me in a dream and told me these things. I am commissioned to Bring_the_Light by god.

• real one
    real one

The wages of sin is death. You who do not accept Christ as your savior are living under the law or a curse according to the Bible. You can sit there and say your life is perfect and you do not believe in God. That is your business. Don't let it be said you were not told. Most of you are ex-jw anyway so you know of Jesus.

I am here to help you understand that Jesus came to earth and died for your sins so that you may repent from your sins and believe that he was risen from the dead. you are given the opportunity of living life eternal with Jesus.

Listening to all this philosophy and all these people who speak lies will get you death. Thats what Satan wants. He is very cleaver and without God's help you do not stand a chance!

Repent and understand honestly you have sinned and come short of the glory of Jesus Christ. Honor God and he will give you honor. Mock God and you will be mocked. i am not a prophet but I can tell you this until you allow Christ to dwell inside of you you will be miserable. Don't lie to me you are miserable!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

With God, what of morality? Is it a sin for a single man to visit a prostitute? Then what of Judah?
    Who decides what God's morality is? Does a polygamist group in Texas define itself as moral?
    If you say no, why is the OT full of polygamists? Even Abraham lay down with someone other than
    Sarah. If you move forward to the NT, then is morality defined by Paul? Are moral homosexuals
    considered immoral, but 40 year old men who marry 17 year old women are moral?

With God, what purpose is there in man's life? Instead of rambling on this one as I did above, I will
    use my personal example. I was at the lowest point in my life and asked God to guide my life.
    Suddenly, I had purpose- the doing of His will. But that will, I was told, was selling WT literature
    and warning people about the Big A and how to avoid it. Now, if that is not God's purpose, what is?

If we do believe in God, how can we be certain of anything? Are the Muslims or the Hindus correct?
    Is God a trinity. Does God use evolution or the Big Bang, or not?

If God does exist, whom can we turn to in a time of crises? I could start talking about pedophile
    priests and elders who take advantage of those that came to them in times of crisis. I could go on
    about people who donate money to some evangelist to get an answer to their prayers. God doesn't
    always cure the cancer of a sincere believer, but sometimes a pagan gets his prayers answered.

If there is an afterlife, is there reward for virtue and punishment for injustice? I will grant that the
    swift do not always win the race, there is not always justice, and (as Billy Joel said) sometimes
    the good die young. But who is to say it is any more just in an afterlife? What if God is as the
    ancient Romans and Greeks thought he was? Maybe he's going around impregnating virgin
    humans and destroying peoples who worship other gods. (Oh wait, that's the God of the Bible.)

If God does exist, what becomes of the worth and dignity of each person? Who defines the worth
    of a man? Do you say an atheist who cleans his yard and pays his taxes and teaches his kids
    morals and votes does not have worth? or doesn't feel dignity? I am not sure where to go with
    this one.

With God, how can man achieve happiness? See the second question about my purpose in
    life. Many JW's tell us they are happy. I bet those women and children in the polygamist
    compound said they were happy. Should religion define our happiness? Even without religion,
    should our faith or lack of faith define our happiness?

• real one
    real one

With God, what of morality? 1 Is it a sin for a single man to visit a prostitute? 2Then what of Judah?
    3Who decides what God's morality is? 4Does a polygamist group in Texas define itself as moral?
    5If you say no, why is the OT full of polygamists? Even Abraham lay down with someone other than
    Sarah. 6If you move forward to the NT, then is morality defined by Paul? 7Are moral homosexuals
    considered immoral, 8but 40 year old men who marry 17 year old women are moral?

according to the Bible yes to your first question that is fornication.2what of them?3He does! 4 who knows?5there are many that sinned in the Bible. does it mean that God approved of their behavior, I think not! 6if Paul did what God asked of him then he is moral 7according to the Bible people who lie with the same sex are an abomination 8 if they are married according to God's will they are correct and moral

• parakeet
    parakeet

real one wrote: "Thats what Satan wants. He is very cleaver and without God's help you do not stand a chance!"

Real one, you must realize that ....... nah, this is too easy. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Most of you are ex-jw anyway so you know of Jesus.

Yes indeed -- that's why you're wasting your time proselytizing here.

You can sit there and say your life is perfect and you do not believe in God. That is your business. Don't let it be said you were not told.

This is what I love about religions like Christianity and Islam. The message is "listen to us or die". I love that sort of spiritual blackmail. (Not really.)

• booby
    booby

recently Oprah was accused because of comments in an old episode of being wrong by stating that there are many ways to "God/salvation". Her comment to the lady accuser was, - so you are saying then that someone who is born and raised in a part of the world where they never even hear about Jesus or God (whatever that is to you, example Jehovah) they have no chance to be "saved". I thought that was thought provoking regardless of ones belief. Shows we must think outside the box, watchtower, or whatever flavour we prefer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit