Let's predict what the WTS will cut next

by unbrainwashed 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unbrainwashed
    unbrainwashed

It looks like there is a pattern of a major cutback every year or so for the past several years.
    From soft cover binding, no more subscriptions, 30 min public talks, members only WT magazine, book study meeting elimination. Maybe I missed some others. I'm sure they are not done cutting back at this point.
    What do you predict they will cut next for the next few years?

Here's my take (roughly in this order):

- Dump the Awake magazine
    - Dump the special assembly day
    - Circuit assembly cut back to 1 day.
    - Dump the Friday session of the district convention
    - New releases no longer announced at the DC annually
    - Elder and MS consolidated to 1 title
    - Reg and aux pioneer consolidated to 1 title with reduced hours
    - Dump the weeknight meeting

• lawrence
    lawrence

With all the lawsuits coming, they'll be giving a class at Bethel on how to do circumcisions. They will certify Bethelites to do the 8th day cuts for money, and will charge rent for the "honor" of being called a "Bethelite". Probably 3 or 4 cuts a week will pay for a shared room. An extra cut or two for the grub. So that makes 5 or 6 cuts a week for room and board. Hell, circumcisions usually include shots of liquor, so some of the brothers might make out well for their cut.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

- Dump the Awake magazine
    - Dump the special assembly day
    - Circuit assembly cut back to 1 day.
    - Dump the Friday session of the district convention
    - New releases no longer announced at the DC annually
    - Elder and MS consolidated to 1 title
    - Reg and aux pioneer consolidated to 1 title with reduced hours
    - Dump the weeknight meeting

Yes, Unbrainwashed .... I agree ....

On a couple of your points

"Dump the Awake Magazine" Yes, I think the Awake magazine has run it's course and is no longer effective. Perhaps something more appealing to the masses, something bright, brilliant, shining, universal. Perhaps something called "Constellation."

"Elders and MS consolidated to 1 title" Yes, that would certainly simplify things. Why have two titles when just one is needed. Perhaps something like Elder Servant or ...wait ... better yet, Congregation Servant!

"Reg and aux pioneer consolidated to 1 title with reduced hours." Again, an excellent idea. After giving it some thought, the best title I could come up with would be Colporteur!

Additionally, I think the purchase of a radio station to spread the good news to more people simultaneously would be a great idea.

Rub a Dub

• ninja
    ninja

I don't know about the WTS....but I can predict what JWD wll do.......dump on the awake magazine......have a dump at the special assembly day....etc etc

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Combine the Awake and the public edition of the Watchtower.

Combine the Kingdom Ministry with the Koolaid edition of the Watchtower.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

1. - Dump the Awake magazine
    2. - Dump the Friday session of the district convention
    3. - BOTH at the same time: Dump the special assembly day, Circuit assembly cut back to 1 day.
    4. - New releases will be available at the DC only.
    5. - Reg and aux pioneer consolidated to 1 title with reduced hours
    or simply drop them to 50 hours per month and 30 for aux.
    6. - Selling as many Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls as they can get away with.
    7. - Getting out of the printing business. Telling the dubs to get it off the internet.
    This will be a swooping all-at-once thing. They will also tell the dubs where
    they can order their Bible and a few books from private publishers that make
    a profit and pay the taxes. They will discontinue the DC's at that time and keep
    the one day Circuit Assemblies, but crowd up the circuits to do with less CO's
    and Assembly Halls. DO's will be gone then, too.

Number 7 is a big trigger to the panic setting in. The money will already be long
    transferred to the foreign country that the lawyers and accountants moved to over
    the last few months. Suicide will be high among the remaining faithful. Others will
    say that Armageddon DID START.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Bonnie_Clyde: Combine the Awake and the public edition of the Watchtower. Combine the Kingdom Ministry with the Koolaid edition of the Watchtower.

That actually makes a lot of sense. It'll probably happen.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Along with Number 1: Put the Kingdom Ministry in the back of the "Members Only" WT.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Consolidate external WT and Awake! to new title: End Times!

Consolidate internal WT and KM with new title: Watch Out

Actually, the name changes probably wouldn't happen - too much brand recognition in the name Watchtower.

• willyloman
    willyloman

I don't think it's possible to predict exactly what they'll do next. They will do what they have to do in order to present the appearance of forward motion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit