Add something to the FLEA MARKET JW Memory collectibles

by journey-on 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom
    I was actually embarrased that the mail man knew we were witnesses.

Yeah. I started to get that feeling just as I was beginning to go to junior high school.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I remember my first book study. The people had the study in a sunroom in the summer. They were reading the Greatest Man book. I attended that book study for a few years, but when the person I studied with became an Elder and got his own book study I followed him.

The funny thing is that if it were not for the book study arrangement, I possibly might not have been a JW. After about a year of attendance at the Kingdom Hall I was sort of tired of going. My parents had not permitted me to make a commitment to the group, or participate in 1 on 1 study. It was at the books study that a Ministerial Servant (working his way up to Elder) approached me and asked if I wanted to 'study' again. I told him my parents position on the matter but he didn't seem to be phased by it. He continued to ask me to study again and finally every evening after the book study it would be 1 on 1 in the 'knowledge' book. It was mainly because of that person and those studies after the book study that made me begin to believe that the JWs were the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit