I have a mouse or Rat!

by mouthy 53 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

The worst thing is a dead rat somewheres in warm weather.

The stink....

That's why I prefer traps.

Filthy things.

Burn

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Mouthy if you are in Florida you may not be seeing MOUSY things...but PALMETTO BUG things! They leave droppings like mice, they eat cheese and meat and other mousy type things and can clean out a trap without springing it. Yes they can...they are incredibly strong and can brace themselves on the side of a trap and lift the bait off of it without setting it off.

:) Loves in West Palm

• Tara
    Tara

We had 'one' every winter. It used to watch us from the top of the kitchen cupboard. The kids named him Luigi. They can squeeze thru the tiniest of holes or cracks. Decon works good, but it takes a while. Got a cat? They are the best mouse traps. If it's any consolation, there's an old Irish superstition that says you'll always have plenty to eat if you have a mouse in the house.

• DT
    DT

I've had success with baiting a trap and then surrounding it with unbaited traps. They can often get the bait without springing the trap, but there's a fair chance that they will clumsily step on one of the unbaited traps.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thank God I dont live in Florida then I live in Canada ...Fergus....

• lrkr
    lrkr

For a mouse- get a cat.

If its a rat, use a giant rat trap (looks like a mouse trap, only huge)

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Mouthy, I am so sorry you have a Mouse or a Rat, I wish I could help you. I had them when I lived in Toronto, I tried everything but the only thing that worked was getting a Cat and or the Poison but the poison is Yuk. The cat made it so they just didn't come in the house. But thats another problem, you have to take care of the cat.

The poison works, I have done that but it takes several days. I had tons of Rats and mice in my business office in downtown toronto, I came into work one morning and there was a dead mouse lying beside the "mouse" for my computer, I reached out to use the mouse and there was a dead mouse right beside it. You could hear me screaming down the block. I HATE MICE AND RATS.

Anyway the poison does work, but it takes several days and the down side is they die all over the place and sometimes not where you can see them. Rats tend to chew big holes in the baseboard area or somewhere to get in. Mice don't do that. I had that in my office, a big hole with wood shavings all over when I came into the office in the morning. Then one morning a week later I walked in and there was this big rat lying dead on the floor. UGH. Its not Fun.

I hate traps, and LOL not into banging them with a frying pan after they are trapped. I had professional pest control come in when I had them at the office and it still took time for them to die.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mouthy, I am so sorry you have a Mouse or a Rat, I wish I could help you. I had them when I lived in Toronto, I tried everything but the only thing that worked was getting a Cat and or the Poison but the poison is Yuk. The cat made it so they just didn't come in the house. But thats another problem, you have to take care of the cat.

The poison works, I have done that but it takes several days. I had tons of Rats and mice in my business office in downtown toronto, I came into work one morning and there was a dead mouse lying beside the "mouse" for my computer, I reached out to use the mouse and there was a dead mouse right beside it. You could hear me screaming down the block. I HATE MICE AND RATS.

Anyway the poison does work, but it takes several days and the down side is they die all over the place and sometimes not where you can see them. Rats tend to chew big holes in the baseboard area or somewhere to get in. Mice don't do that. I had that in my office, a big hole with wood shavings all over when I came into the office in the morning. Then one morning a week later I walked in and there was this big rat lying dead on the floor. UGH. Its not Fun.

I hate traps, and LOL not into banging them with a frying pan after they are trapped. I had professionalpest control come in when I had them at the office and it still took time for them to die.

Thanks V...... I hope I dont find many rats, & if I find a dead one on MY "mouse "I will be pushing up the daises.

Thanks every one I appreciate your help .I have now got some Walfrine. the store says that will do it....

• changeling
    changeling

If you have pets (dog, cat, whatever), be careful where you place the poison. Rat poison is usually like" Coumadin", it's a blood thinner and it kills by bleeding the rats to death. It is leathal to pets. Be careful.

changeling

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Do you mean Warfarin??? Yes it works for killing rodents, They use it on people too as you probably know. My Mom took it to thin her blood as a medicine. Scarey stuff. She had to have blood tests every week to make sure her blood was not to think

thats what that does to the mice, it thins their blood and they bleed internally to death.

Good Luck Sweetie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit