Do you think the legal department is behind the book study change?

by DT 15 Replies latest jw friends

• DT
    DT

Do you think the governing body is really concerned about gas prices, or are they just trying to protect themselves from pedophilia lawsuits and liability claims for accidents in private homes?

• journey-on
    journey-on

If they were really concerned about gas prices, they would have implemented the new arrangement immediately.

The WTS is a business and a religion. They are concerned about $$$, lawsuits, the "brain drain" in the congregations,

loss of enthusiastic "sales people", liability, and bungled prophecies that are only going to make their credibility look

worse and worse. But I do think the major concern is the liability of conducting officially sanctioned meetings in private

homes. It's a different era in which we live and this issue has different ramifications than it did in the cozy past.

I believe they have a plan just like any good business would have. They are gradually changing things to keep people

from suspecting it's anything other than new light and guidance by the FDS. They will continue their "carrot-in-front-of-

the-nose" technique masterfully using scripture to support all the new changes, and sit back with fingers crossed and

hope their legal eagles and newer and younger GB can get them out of the slump they're in. That's just my thoughts on it.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I have never seen the WBTS make a decision on behalf of the flock. Gas costs sounds good, I don't think it has anything to do with it.

My thought was simplification and control having the meetings together, and maybe legal as well.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I have never seen the WBTS make a decision on behalf of the flock. Gas costs sounds good, I don't think it has anything to do with it.

My thought was simplification and control having the meetings together, and maybe legal as well.

Absolutely, if there are concerned about gas, they would stop door to door and use the Internet or telephone.

• yknot
    yknot

The GB just think they are in charge........

Start thinking like a lawyer..(it is all about control with little to no liabilities))..

I bet there is a loophole that allows them to take control just in case.

I also think there is a group in the WTS that badly wants to mainstream in order to retain members, entice new members, and seem normal-ish thus remaining profitable.

"Christendom" only has congregational meetings 2x a week. Bible studies (using the Bible) happen during the week and are voluntary.

Gotta fix what the internet has spotlighted or die hemorrhaging.

Same thing....as usual

Think about all the 'changes' they are implementing....maybe it is me but I feel like I am being primed!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I must say I agree 100%.

It was like when the "Donation Arrangement" was implemented and the GB said it was to lighten the burden on the brothers, blah, blah, blah.....and all along it was because the WTS had LOST A SUPREME COURT LAWSUIT preventing them form getting out of paying taxes on their goods.

The men who speak and write for the WTS are despicable, dishonest, liars and frauds.

• Grammy
    Grammy
    The men who speak and write for the WTS are despicable, dishonest, liars and frauds.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If it was about lawsuits, the lawyers would have stopped the home meetings immediately.
    It's about books and printing them. Especially in the U.S. of A., the printing of books is
    getting to be a red-ink prospect. (deficit)

They still make money at Conventions (or else they wouldn't have them) but their profit
    margin is probably a bit slim. Decreasing the offered sales items (books and brochures)
    could cause them to go on longer still in the black. (Maybe drop the Friday sessions, too.)

The warehouse at Brooklyn probably has gotten empty of most older books. The dubs
    need a new book or brochure constantly to have any enthusiasm at the bookstudy. The
    stats showed what happens when you study a book again and again and again. They
    can force members to go on the mega-meeting night, though. The dubs won't study it,
    but they will attend because they were there anyway.

I see new releases coming out at the convention less often to study at the meeting. They
    could skip a year or two every now and then and offer a new tract or similar small stuff.
    But they need to cover the material slower at the bookstudy. I imagine a new bit of
    information for the 2009 Convention. "BE THERE OR YOU WON'T GET A NEW BOOK.
    NOBODY WILL GET A NEW BOOK AT THE HALL. IT WILL NEVER BE OFFERED AGAIN.
    NO EXTRAS FOR ANYONE WHO MISSES THE CONVENTION. GET IT THERE, OR BE
    IN THE DARK AS TO THE WONDERFUL NEW LIGHT ABOUT THE BIG 'A'. THIS IS THE
    BOOK THAT EXPLAINS IT ALL. YOU WILL BE SORRY IF YOU MISS THE CONVENTION."

Then the book will be some stupid nothing that is no big deal. Maybe they will tease about
    a new understanding about the start of Jesus' invisible presence or something in the WT,
    and finish it in a book for that convention. "Only 7 million in print. You must attend to get
    yours." Then the dubs will pay on their own to make copies for their 'students' who didn't
    go.

This is my speculation- not so wild this time. The printing company can no longer make
    a profit by printing, so it will stay in the prophecy and building remodeling professions, but
    cut back on printing.

• wednesday
    wednesday

The TMS/SM was the the lowest attended meeting at my previous hall. A lot more people showed up for the BS . So now if people just start gradually not attending the TMS/SM/BS maybe they will just have a Sunday meeting the way most of American churches do anyhow. What a blessing to the jws.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    the printing of books is getting to be a red-ink prospect. (deficit)

HA HA HA HA HA

or rather Jah Jah Jah Jah Jah

Imagine that. The King of the Universe, Almighty Creator, Original Theocrat, Rich beyond compare has an organization with red ink? I love it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit