you must destroy the dolls of your little girls

by chirac 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

and I'll just bet they get on parents who allow their child to bring a baby doll with them to the meetings

• Dagney
    Dagney

Nnnooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Not Barbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's it...the last straw...I'm never goin back. Harrrruuummmppphhh.

• real one
    real one

dolls creep me out

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I have no idea how much of my stuff got canned, burned, or prayed over when I was a kid. Most stuff would be fine until the po would make a remark about this toy or that record and poof, GodAlmighty had spoken and my shit was in the garbage or in the fireplace. These fu**in' people are so busy looking for demons in toys and used furniture, that they miss them sitting on the throne in Brooklyn.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    and I'll just bet they get on parents who allow their child to bring a baby doll with them to the meetings

I can remember one horny single mom/sister used to let her kids take in Skeletor Action figures in the 1980's!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Another example of ruining children's lives. Bad enough that they cannot play with other children, and that just about every video game, video, or song is "bad". But now the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger has to come up with this. I bet there will soon be hounder-hounders and lead hounders that take this as a rule, looking down on anyone that has dolls.

I suppose the race car sets and sports toys are next, if they haven't already been banned or demonized. Take away all the toys, and there will be nothing left but endless field circus and boasting sessions. As I see it, it is nothing more than another step toward banning all entertainment (the first thread that gave me the realization that it was coming to this is www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/115757/1.ashx .

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I couldn't see any 'demonizing' of Barbie in the article. The only direct reference to Barbie was that she has been a successful doll since 1959. The issue raised in the box (the mother daughter convo) was 'immodest' and grown-up type clothes for dolls, but no brand of doll was mentioned.

So surely, as long as Barbie or Cindy or whoever wears high, frilly necked blouses and long skirts, there shouldn't be a problem

On the other hand, I would love to wipe the smug and superior faces off those Bratz dolls. Hate Bratz.

• Switch
    Switch

I just read the article last night and couldn't believe how negative it was. I agree with Changeling - the history lesson is nice but what about all the pretend play/role playing that dolls teach little girls? It gets about 2 sentences of mention out of 3 pages. I was sooo angry when I read this article. Instead they write drivel like:

Because of the emotional bond formed between children and their dolls, wise parents will take seriously the influence dolls may have on their child's development. For example, some charge that the physical appearance and the endless wardrobe of certain dolls may have a harmful effect on girls. One critic claims that such dolls can corrupt "young girls with shallow messages that promote style over substance."

I, personally, never really thought that I'd look like Barbie when I grew up. do little girls really think they are going to have flawless hair and makeup and perfect figures? Now girls can't even pretend! I played with a Barbie when I was a kid and I loved the fact that I could dress her up in short skirts or gowns or whatever. The message from the article funnily enough sounds like, "Attention moms and daughters, you can't dress this way so your dolls shouldn't either. Keep those dolls in line and don't let Barbie go shopping too much or she'll get materialistic!"

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Hounder 1: Come in Tammy. Sit down and no, don’t cry, there is no need to be scared if you are innocent.

Tammy: Whh whh what do you mean? I want mommy….

Hounder 2: Silence! A woman and a girl will be silent! Or doesn’t your mother read the bible with you? Do not speak unless you are asked a question!

Tammy: Yyyyy yes, mommy reads the bible with me…

Hounder 2: The bible!! Alone!!!! Without WT literature??!!

Tammy: Mommy says it’s God’s word…

Hounder 2: This is worse than I thought, brother Hounder.

Hounder 1: Tammy, tell us about this doll you are playing with.

Tammy: This is Baby. She’s my baby. I take care of her.

Hounder 1: I see. Do you love her?

Tammy: Well, yes. I want to see mommy.

Hounder 1: You are only 6 years old Tammy. Do you think it is good or bad for a 6 year old to have a baby?

Tammy: But she is my baby.

Hounder 2: Answer the question child!

Tammy: w w w wwant mommy…

Hounder 1: There there. Do you think the dolls clothes are appropriate for the KH? Her dress does not go below the knees, do you see that?

Tammy: Y y yes?

Hounder 1: Well, then. Do you think Jehovah would want her dressed in this very bad way?

Tammy: No?

Hounder 1: Well done Tammy. Why don’t we undress the doll. That would be good wouldn’t it?

Tammy: Y y yes?

Hounder 1: Correct! Well done Tammy. Take her clothes off. That’s it. Well done. Now tell me Tammy. Your dress doesn’t go below the knees either…

… and you will know the tree by it’s fruits.

• restrangled
    restrangled
    I couldn't see any 'demonizing' of Barbie in the article

What is the first doll that comes to mind that has boobs, and a huge wardrobe to choose from that fits closely to the body? "Barbie"....no doubt about it!

I remember getting a Barbie in 1961, never in my wildest imagination could I have ever come up with the little girl's conversation with her mother.

What is wrong with these idiots? I spent hours playing, pretending, dressing my dolls. Mom made me a doll furniture for a pretend house. After Christmas when the sales hit, dad would take me shopping and I'd get to pick out a few new outfits. The details were wonderful. Those are some of the best memories of my childhood.

My brothers use to pull the heads off when we got into fights. Perhaps the moron that wrote that article use to pull the heads of his sister's dolls and he still hasn't worked out his sibling rivalry issues.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit